Or Create a new account
AutoMate Discussion
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Running a task, and have it execute on a remote agent
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/15/2018 11:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Running a task, and have it execute on a remote agent   - MichaelBaroody - 06/15/2018 11:30 AM  
 Running a task, and have it execute on a remote agent   - MatsBorg - 06/18/2018 12:39 PM  
 Running a task, and have it execute on a remote agent   - Alex Escalante - 06/18/2018 02:47 PM  
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/15/2018 11:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MichaelBaroody
n00b (>6 posts)

I have a workflow with one scheduler item, and one large task inside of it. For the task, I selected a different agent to execute it (i.e. not "default agent" which is the local agent). The task has a lot of things going on inside of it, including (but not limited to) multiple database queries, powershell calls, FTP, etc.

When I run the task from the workflow designer level, it says it is executing on that agent, and finishes without error. However, when I go to verify the results, it did not do anything. If I double-click and open the task editor, I can run the task from there and it runs fine, BUT it runs it on the local agent, it doesn't run it on the remote agent I set it to on the task object.

My question is, is there any way to run the task while inside the task editor and have it execute on the remote agent? I suspect there's an error occurring when it runs remotely, but I have no easy way to see what is happening unless I can watch it through the task editor.

Hopefully that all made sense. Thanks in advance.

Category Survey
AutoMate BPA Server 10 version:
Windows version:
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 848 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 848 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog