post all new threads in our new
HelpSystems Community Portal.
Post to the HelpSystems Forum
You are not currently logged on. You must be logged on in order to post. Log on
Or Create a new account
AutoMate Discussion
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Interactive steps work fine unless I don't have an RDP connection open to the server
Topic Summary: Press Object steps fail with No Windows match the requested set of criteria
Created On: 04/25/2018 11:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/25/2018 11:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
KathyMcdonald
Journeyman (50-99)

I created a workflow that has many interactive Press object steps. While I am logged onto the server, watching the interactivity, it works beautifully. However, when I try to run it without watching (i.e., logging off and running the workflow from the Management console on my workstation), the press steps fail with No Windows match the requested set of criteria.

I have started to change the code to use Send Keystrokes instead, but it makes the workflow quite fragile and can easily push the wrong buttons!

Is there something I need to do to get the Press object steps to work in all cases?

I thought I was done and find out I am now far from it! Please help!!

Edited: 04/25/2018 at 01:49 PM by KathyMcdonald
 04/27/2018 10:01 AM

Author Icon
Alex Escalante
HelpSystems

Hello Kathy,

When running the task in task editor mode, while watching, the task is running at a slower speed to allow for troubleshooting. When it runs live, it is running at full speed. Its possible that the task needs to be slowed down so that the timing of the task flows a bit better. We recommend adding 1 or 2 second pauses between interactive actions, such as the "press" action.

Please add pauses and let us know if you notice an improvement. If not, please send an email to automate.support@helpsystems.com (reference this email) so we may setup a support session.

-------------------------

Alex Escalante | Support Analyst
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 05/15/2018 05:02 PM

Author Icon
KathyMcdonald
Journeyman (50-99)

The task runs great from the task builder but it can't find the controls outside of it.

I have added retries to all my Interactive steps (10 retries waiting 1500 ms between tries), that didn't help.
Then I tried adding some 2 second wait statements, that doesn't help.
Then I tried changing the Task Execution speed to 1000ms delay per step, that doesn't help.

I tried to enter keystrokes but that is not possible for some steps.

I sent an email so we can do a support session...
 05/17/2018 06:24 AM

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

Originally posted by: KathyMcdonald

The task runs great from the task builder but it can't find the controls outside of it.

I have added retries to all my Interactive steps (10 retries waiting 1500 ms between tries), that didn't help.

Then I tried adding some 2 second wait statements, that doesn't help.

Then I tried changing the Task Execution speed to 1000ms delay per step, that doesn't help.

I tried to enter keystrokes but that is not possible for some steps.

I sent an email so we can do a support session...

Kathy,

Is your task configured to logon/unlock the workstation? You cannot run interactive tasks without the workstation itself unlocking or logging onto the workstation.

-------------------------

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 05/17/2018 09:36 AM

Author Icon
KathyMcdonald
Journeyman (50-99)

We recently got the logon to work. Apparently there was a credential provider dll that wasn't getting registered with the v11 msi. I had to install v10 on the server (then uninstall) to get it installed correctly.

The other thing that mystified me was that the Class for the Interactive controls changed. When I set up the tasks in the Task Builder originally, the object properties were
OBJECTPROPERTIES="Toolkit=WindowsAccessibility,Type=PushButton,Class=WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.2011057,Name=< Back,Value=,X=,Y="

But at some point they changed to
OBJECTPROPERTIES="Toolkit=WindowsAccessibility,Type=PushButton,Class=WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.2004eee,Name=< Back,Value=,X=,Y="

I am not aware of any changes to the application that I was interacting with. Regardless, I removed the Class from the object properties criteria since it was not strictly required to find the object and that did the trick.
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1398 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1398 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog