Increase font size
Topic Title: How to make if statement
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/11/2012 09:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/11/2012 09:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
KwjEcono
n00b (>6 posts)

I'm not sure this is possible, but if possible, please help me~!

I'd like to make working task after one specific file works.

For example :

1. If sound0.wav file in my computer works

2. Then next steps run

Is it possible using if statement? Or is there another method?

Category Survey
 11/12/2012 11:09 AM

Author Icon
JeffTysco
Artisan (200-499)

What software are you using? Automate or BPA?
What version are you using? 6, 7, 8 or 9?
What do you mean by "If sound0.wav file in my computer works"? Do you mean if the file exists, does it play or ?

Category Survey

-------------------------
?? . Your Total IT Solutions Provider
?? . Business Class Hosting Services
 11/12/2012 12:12 PM

Author Icon
Liz Casale
AUTOMATE EMPLOYEE

Hi KwjEcono,

We would also need the information Jeff asked for in order to efficiently assist you. If you are just checking to see if a file exists, If File Exists, is the action you'd want to use.

Category Survey

Liz Casale
Technical Support Representative
(213) 738-6966
Network Automation, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AM5 5.5.5.1; AM6 6.2.8.0; AM7 7.1.3.0; AM8 8.0.9.0; AM9 9.0.3.4
BPA7 7.1.3.0; BPA8 8.0.9.0; BPA9 9.0.3.4
 11/12/2012 05:55 PM

Author Icon
KwjEcono
n00b (>6 posts)

Hi Liz Casale,

I'm using automate 6 and I meant that the word 'works' is 'plays', not 'exists'.

Is it possible with that program that I asked ? Or is there another method with different program?

Thanks a lot~!

Category Survey
 11/13/2012 10:31 AM

Author Icon
Ricardo Castaneda
HelpSystems

Hi KwjEcono,

I just want to make sure I understand correctly. Do you want AutoMate to check to see if a specific wav file is currently being played?

Category Survey

Ricardo Castaneda | Principal Support Analyst
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700
 11/13/2012 05:00 PM

Author Icon
KwjEcono
n00b (>6 posts)

Hi Ricardo Castaneda

I want to make steps running automatically after a specific wav file is played. For example, there are two steps. First step is playing wav file, and second is moving mouse to somewhere and clicking. In this case, the second step is waiting for running of first step and if I play a specific wav file, the second step will run automatically. Is it possible?

Thanks~

Category Survey

Edited: 11/13/2012 at 06:01 PM by KwjEcono
 11/14/2012 03:28 PM

Author Icon
Ricardo Castaneda
HelpSystems

Hi KwjEcono,

I would suggest that you use the "Run" action to play the wave file. From there you can use a "Move Mouse to Object, Move Mouse or Press " action to move the mouse. The "Move Mouse to Object and Move Mouse" action will require a "Click Mouse" action, the "Press" action contains a click in it.

Note: In this setup AutoMate can play the specific wav file you are looking for.

Let us know if this works for you.

Category Survey

Ricardo Castaneda | Principal Support Analyst
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700
 11/14/2012 05:06 PM

Author Icon
KwjEcono
n00b (>6 posts)

Hi Ricardo Castaneda

I appreciate that you replied but I think I need to explain specifically. In fact, the specific wav file is played as a signal alarm by stock program. When I hear the alarm, I click mouse to buy or sell. But I have to sit and wait for this so I want this : "If the specific wav file is played, move the mouse somewhere and click it." I know how to play the wav file and move the mouse and click it, but don't know how to make it work automatically. I know there are some options in 'if statement of automate'. One of them is 'if file exists, then'. When I saw this, I thought 'isn't there any statement like 'if file is played, then'.' But I couldn't find it, so I tried to make it with 'if statement', but I recognized that I needed help.

I hope that you can help me one more

Thanks a lot~

Category Survey
 11/15/2012 07:51 AM

Author Icon
JeffTysco
Artisan (200-499)

How are you triggering the alarm/wav file?

Based on your explanation, your likely going to want to use the "Process" trigger (I.E. When the application/exe that plays your WAV file exists, then execute your task). However, how would you know what item your buying/selling?

I would suggest avoiding the automation of buying/selling stocks or whatever it may be until you pick up some more experience and thoroughly test the task your creating, otherwise you may be exposing yourself to some serious financial issues.

Category Survey

11/15/2012 05:47 PM

Author Icon
KwjEcono
n00b (>6 posts)

I thought trigger, but it didn't apply to my case.

I'm using a stock program named 'kiwoomw' for FX(foreign exchange). When I select an item, the graphs are moving and the alarm for buying or selling goes off with different wav file(for buying with one wave file, and for selling with another wav file). So it doesn't matter how I know what item my buying/selling. And the wav file isn't played with any application/exe player program, but is played in that program 'kiwoomw' autonomously. This is what I thought 'Process' trigger was not useful for me because 'kiwoomw.exe' process is always running regardless of the alarm.

I'm going to do this with simulation account, not real account. Team of my office simulated it many times manually and the profit was good. And after analysis of the graphs, we recognized that  if we simulated it for 24 hours automatically, the profit would be more and more. We know there are several automatic program named 'robot' for fx, but we need just this 'if the wav file is played, then move mouse to somewhere and click it'. We thought this could be possible with 'automate'.

Isn't it possible...?

Category Survey
 11/16/2012 12:16 PM

Author Icon
JeffTysco
Artisan (200-499)

Originally posted by: KwjEcono
Isn't it possible...?

Doesn't sound like it in this case...since the wav is embedded in the app then there wouldn't be a process you could monitor for.

Does the app display any message boxes or other windows? If so, you could trigger of the "Wait for Window" process.

Additionally, you mention graphics so you might be able to trigger off a pixel color change...however both of these are not trigger processes so your task will constantly need to run using the "Wait For" actions.

Category Survey

Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1456 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1456 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog