Increase font size
Topic Title: Craigslist Poster
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/17/2012 12:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/17/2012 12:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and I had some questions.  I wanted to know if anyone can help me with the following.  I'm trying to create a Craigslist site poster and I am having a couple of difficulties with the software.  I am currently using Automate8 and I would like to have a gui box open up to enter where a list of usernames and passwords are stored to log into to various accounts on Craigslist.  The usernames and passwords would be entered into the file as such... username1@gmail.com|password1 and then the next line would be the second, third etc... I would like that info stored in either a notepad file or an excel file which ever is easier, and I would like the software to pick the usernames/passwords in sequence or random everytime the job is ran...

Can someone help me with this please...  Thank You 

Category Survey
 01/18/2012 05:47 AM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

While I'm waiting for a response, I thought I would add another problem that I am facing with the attached script.  Whenever I try and set up a "set text" command and drag over the hand to the box, when I run the script, it says "Control Not Found".  No matter how I set the set text script up, I still get the same error.  Has anoyone had this error and what was your solution.  Please see attached script.  Thanks

Category Survey
 01/18/2012 06:43 AM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Greg,
even if you are absolutely sure the fields are in the very same position in the window, you could
- try specifying the positions with some range e.g. OBJECTYPOS="295-315" instead of OBJECTYPOS="307"
- specify the WAITFORWINDOW with the "focus found window" option and retry (to circumvent a bug currently hindering the action in AM9) as below
- add a delay (e.g. one second) after the wait for window

On your previous post, I assume you have already read the file into a variable.
You could loop that variable as a list to get each line in turn
and then parse the line to get the userid and pw

I would advise you to do so, and in a first pass ignore randomization.
When you are done with it, one will see how to randomize.

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

Task Steps: (Right click, Select All, Copy to copy to the clipboard. Steps can then be pasted into the AutoMate Task Builder)

-------------------------
Jean Delfosse - Automate Beta Tester
Win7 Pro 64 bits -Win XP Pro SP3 32 bits - AM8, AM7, BPA10, BPA9, BPA8, BPA7, AM6 Enterprise, AM4

Edited: 01/18/2012 at 06:52 AM by JeanDelfosse
 01/18/2012 06:47 AM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Thank You so much Jean for your response, I've been scratching my head with this for w while.  Is this a bug in automate8?  I was going to purchase automate 9, but didn't see the use right now for the two new features...

Thanks Again

Category Survey
 01/18/2012 06:53 AM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

It's OK in Automate 8. The bug is in AM9. There is no need to make the retry in AM8. But the focus may help anyhow.
Also the wait can help, in case the login window is not populated immediately.

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

Win7 Pro 64 bits -Win XP Pro SP3 32 bits - AM8, AM7, BPA10, BPA9, BPA8, BPA7, AM6 Enterprise, AM4
 01/18/2012 08:41 AM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Ok Jean.  Thanks for your instructions..  I tried to implement what you said, and I still get the "Control Not Found" error.  I give up!!

Please see my attached job with the info in there as you stated..

Is it possible if you can edit the attached job correctly so that I know how it should be?  

Thanks  Greg

Category Survey
 01/18/2012 09:21 PM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Greg,
I could not have the SETTEXT to work on that web page, but could easily do it using the Web Browser actions as below.

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

Task Steps: (Right click, Select All, Copy to copy to the clipboard. Steps can then be pasted into the AutoMate Task Builder)

01/19/2012 05:29 AM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Thanks alot Jean, That works perfect...

You're the best!

Category Survey
 01/19/2012 07:14 AM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

You're welcome, Greg

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

01/19/2012 10:28 AM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

I am almost finished building this Auto Poster and I got stuck again on this part..  Is there anyway in Automate to present a list box for user interaction that has about 200 values in the list?  That is where I am getting stuck.  I'm able to have the program read from file with the list, but where do I go to have a value from the "read list" be selected on a dropdown?  The only option that I see is the Selection Box, but I would have to enter all 200 values under "caption, and value".  Is there a simpler way for the list to be entered, especially when you have a large list for a user to select.  I also would like that list to be in a dropdown box because it is so large.

Thanks

Greg

Category Survey
 01/19/2012 10:38 AM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Greg,
there is an undocumented feature to do that.
You first prepare a list of the captions, comma separated
and a list of the values, also comma separated
and you use those variables as a single entry in the drop down selection box
as below
I don't know what the drop down box will look like when you have 200 entries, but try it and tell me.
In case either any caption or value must contain a comma, just escape it by doubling the comma.

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

01/19/2012 10:56 AM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

this thread is an AM8 problem that was erroneously inserted in the "General discussion" section.
It should better be moved in the AM8 forum

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

01/20/2012 10:38 PM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Ok, so this is where I am at with this autoposter...  Once I am done, I will be sure to post the whole script for someone else to use... Anyways, I created a dialog box using array variables for 11 lines of "radio button" text that is on the page.  I would like to pick a certain radio button on the selection box and whatever is picked, I would like that text to be matched up to the text on the webpage.  I created 11 variable arrays and I was able to setup one working "if" statement.  What I would like to happen is this...  When I click on a certain radio button on the selection box, I would like the mouse to move over to the same text on the screen.  Would that be setup with an "if text contains" statement?  If so, how do I get around Automate just going through all of the "if" statements without comparing it to the text that I had in the selction box to make sure it matches up with what I selected?  Automate keeps failing on the first "if" statement because I don't believe I have it setup correctly...

Thank You for your help...

See below..

Category Survey

01/20/2012 10:50 PM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Greg,
in your code, the "category" variable was missing. I created it, and attach the task, that does not fail on IF's

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

01/21/2012 10:37 PM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Thank You, Jean.  I knew I was missing something, but when you are up late at night fooling around with NA, minor problems happen. lol

Ok, on a webpage, I have three text input boxes.  I want to have one file but would like it delimited 3 times and have the text from certain areas in the file go to the three boxes.  Am I thinking too hard or am I just missing somethng with creating this?  I have been stuck on this for the past three hours.  Thanks for your help..

p.s. If possible, I would like to randomize 1 of the 3 parts of the file for that box.. 

Category Survey
 01/22/2012 08:09 AM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Greg,
could you provide a sample of your file ?

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

01/22/2012 03:28 PM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Here's the file, Jean.  I'm trying to have a file where I would take information or text from while having custom delimiters setup in the file.  Using that information and having NA put the text from the file in various parts of the webpage..

Category Survey
 01/23/2012 01:01 AM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Assuming you have read the file into the "theList" variable,
you can then use the field1, 2 and 3 vars to paste/write into your web page.

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

01/23/2012 05:38 AM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Thanks Jean, with the loop that is in the script, would I use the %field1%, %field2% etc variable to add the text to the following text boxes in the attachment?  

I can use %field1% and set the text to the posting title, %field2% to post to location and so on, right?

Thanks for all of your help

Category Survey
 01/23/2012 05:39 AM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

I just read the top of your previous post and you answered the question that I just sent.. Sorry!

Category Survey
 01/23/2012 08:04 AM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

OK, Greg.
When your task is OK, please post it, and we can then have a look at the randomization you want.
But it is far better that you are first off with the plain core processing.

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

01/23/2012 12:46 PM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Jean,

I'm still having problems trying to get the script that you sent to insert specific text into the text boxes on the webpage.  I have attached the code below.

This is how the code works from top to the bottom.  This is not all of the code, but the part where I am stuck on..

If the job category(1) is clicked on the webpage, NA will carry out that job..  If job category(2) is pressed, NA will carry out that job.  The UI doesn't have any problems clicking the resume/job wanted button to start the category(2) job, but when it comes time for the text to be entered automatically, I get errors.  I get errors ranging from control not found( I have tried using set text, set value, move mouse to image), everything, and I still can't get the text in the text box on the webpage... Can you tell me what I'm missing or what I'm doing wrong? Even when I tried to do a set value command, I get an error stating "BrowserSession1" not found.  I try and change the session, and it happens again.  Is it possible to use wildcards for the window title etc?

Lastly, in the script below, in NA, I have some of those commands disabled on my end.  I don't know if it will show up enabled or disabled on yours..

Thanks

Greg

Category Survey

01/23/2012 08:48 PM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but I was able to get the "set text" and the "set Value" script to work by putting the complete name of the window title in there. i.e.  I am using this for a Craigslist posting automater, and for the window title, I put albuquerque craigslist | create posting - Windows Internet Explorer, because that is the window that the browser was on and I was using that for all of my testing.

That works fine..  But, the city (albuquerque) is not unique, it changes everytime based on a variable in a previous step.  Whenever I don't put the complete name in the window title, albuquerque craigslist | create posting - Windows Internet Explorer, I get an error Browser window not found.  I tried to use this wildcard, * craigslist | create posting - Windows Internet Explorer, and that doesn't work.  I tried the URL wildcard, https://post.craigslist.com/*, and that doesn't work either, I get the same error as above.  I also tried "*Internet Explorer*" in the windwo title, but to no avail.  Am I not putting the wildcards in correctly?  What am I doing wrong?

I forgot to mention, this is the url for the page in question..

https://post.craigslist.org/k/yHr3S_tF4RGbpsXsPvBY7A/o0qLO?s=edit

All of the characters after /k/ change upon each page load.  How would I set a wildcard for the url?  I think that would be easier if it is setup correctly.

Category Survey
 01/23/2012 09:50 PM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Greg,
I'm a bit lost in your task, and do not realize exactly what is not working.
Anyhow I looked at ways to enter data in the "create posting" window, and it is not easy because the data entry fields have neither names nor IDs.
I was not more successful as you were.
Settext and Web browser set value don't work

I could fill the "create posting" form as follows :
I get the window handle with a Windowfocus action with the wildcard
take as an entry point the "Posting Title:" label
then navigate with move mouse, click and keystrokes to the editable fields

Does this help ?

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

01/24/2012 04:55 AM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Jean,

As usual, you are THE MAN!  That worked perfectly.  Thank You.

I'm almost done and will post the complete script on using Craigslist to automate postings...

Greg

Category Survey
 01/24/2012 11:20 AM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

You're welcome again, Greg.

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

01/25/2012 05:21 PM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Hi Jean,

This is the last thing for this CL auto poster.  I've attached the code for the username that I am using.  How can I rotate or randomize the username and password?  If I have a list of usernames and passwords in a text file, and they are seperated by a delimiter, how can I use the username on the first line and the password together when the task is started, and then when I start the task again, it uses a different username and password.  I would like a random username/password to be used on each "run" of the script..

And lastly, On CL, there is a page where a captcha has to be entered in order to post.  I have an account with Death By Captcha to solve the captchas for me automatically.  How would I integrate NA with Death By Captcha so that I can automate 100% of this posting script?  Here is some info from their website...  But I am very much LOST when it comes to this..

Here are the various packages that can be used to run the program..

---Download the latest client, add it to your application and write something along the lines below, f.i in PHP:

require_once 'deathbycaptcha.php';

// Put your DBC credentials here.
// Use DeathByCaptcha_HttpClient class if you want to use HTTP API.
$client = new DeathByCaptcha_SocketClient(USERNAME, PASSWORD);

// Put the CAPTCHA file name or handler, and desired timeout (in seconds) here:
if ($captcha = $client->decode(CAPTCHA_FILE_NAME, TIMEOUT)) {
    echo $captcha['text'] . "\n";

// Report the CAPTCHA if solved incorrectly.
    // Make sure the CAPTCHA was in fact incorrectly solved!
    if ( ... ) {
        $client->report($captcha['captcha']);
    }
}

// Repeat for other CAPTCHAs

…or in C#:

// Do not forget to reference DeathByCaptcha.dll in your project!
using DeathByCaptcha;

// Put your DBC credentials here.
// Use HttpClient class if you want to use HTTP API.
Client client = (Client) new SocketClient(USERNAME, PASSWORD);

// Put your CAPTCHA file name, stream, or vector of bytes,
// and desired timeout (in seconds) here:
Captcha captcha = client.Decode(CAPTCHA_FILE_NAME, TIMEOUT);
if (captcha.Solved && captcha.Correct) {
    Console.WriteLine("CAPTCHA {0}: {1}", captcha.Id, captcha.Text);

// Report the CAPTCHA if solved incorrectly.
    // Make sure the CAPTCHA was in fact incorrectly solved!
    if ( ... ) {
        client.Report(captcha);
    }
}

// Repeat for other CAPTCHAs

When using socket API clients, make sure you don't have outgoing TCP connections to ports 8123–8130firewalled. Use HTTP API clients if socket API clients do not work for you. The 8123–8130 ports range is for socket API only, do not try to use it with HTTP API!

Category Survey

01/26/2012 09:54 AM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

About the random,
I understand you have in a file a list of userids and pws, and any time you run the task you want to select one of them at random in the list.
You do not care eliminating the ones that were already used.
Am I right ?

About captcha, maybe it would be possible to invoke the utility's API using basic scripts.
But it will be difficult for me to help as i do not have access to the SW.

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

01/26/2012 01:22 PM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Hi Jean,

Yes you are right, in a sense.  I want to select one of them at random during the run of that task.  I don't want to eliminate the ones that aren't used because I would like to use another random username/password the next time the script is "run".  

So in response to your question about eliminating the ones that aren't used, wouldn't that delete them permanently or that would delete them during that instance of the task being run that time?  I'm a little lost..

I don't want to delete any of the usernames/passwords because I would like them to be picked randomly at each task being "run".

Also, can I send a PM to you with the whole code for this poster?  Its 1150 lines of script that is alot to reply with..  How else can I get it to you?

Here is a link for the software at deathbycaptcha..

http://static.deathbycaptcha.com/files/dbc_api_v4_0_wincli.zip

More Info..

Run Dos Command:
dbcclient.exe -l USERNAME -p PASSWORD -c CAPTCHA_FILE_NAME [-t TIMEOUT]
Get command line arguments

Category Survey
 01/26/2012 01:23 PM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Below a task that extracts in "res" a random line from a file read into var "origList"

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

01/26/2012 01:35 PM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Thanks Jean for the script.

That would work, but how would I add a delimiter for each line and extract the first and second part of the delimited text?  The way the usernames and passwords are setup is 

username1||password1||

username2||password2||

username3||password3||

etc..

Thanks

Category Survey

Edited: 01/26/2012 at 01:44 PM by GregBrown
 01/29/2012 03:14 PM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Jean,

The script for the random password worked fine, Thanks. But how would I add a delimiter for each line and extract the first and second part of the delimited text with that same script that you sent?  The way the usernames and passwords are setup is 

username1||password1||

username2||password2||

username3||password3||

etc..

Thanks

Category Survey

01/29/2012 09:32 PM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Greg,
using the split function makes it quite easy as below

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

01/30/2012 05:33 PM

Author Icon
GregBrown
Apprentice (20-49)

Thanks Jean.  Were you able to come up with anything for the captcha api code?

Category Survey
 01/30/2012 11:17 PM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Greg,
I had no time to dig in the captcha field. I am struggling with advanced pre-release versions of Automate which keep me busy all time. I wish I can later do something. But not soon.

Category Survey
AutoMate 8 version:
Windows version:

Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 6686 on 11/01/2020 at 01:24 AM.
There are currently 2647 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 2647 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog