Increase font size
Topic Title: BETA 3 EXPIRATION
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/29/2014 05:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/29/2014 05:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

Public Beta 3 will expire effective Monday, June 30th and this will also mark the conclusion of public beta build releases for v10. We will continue to test and optimize v10 with internal builds up until the release within the next few months.

A-Team members will most likely receive one more build within the next couple of weeks to review and test.

We would like to thank everyone for their participation and look forward to a successful v10 release!

-------------------------

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 06/30/2014 01:40 AM

Author Icon
JeffJohnston
Apprentice (20-49)

You're not leaving Beta 10 open untiil the release?  I've spent tons of hours revising programs to run under AM10 only to now discover I can't use them for months?!?  This is total crap, pardon my ignorance of how betas work.  Many long nights are down the drain, completely wasted, if this is the result.  Total loss of many nights sleep.  (It's almost 2AM and I was far from done even on a Sunday night.)  I was about to buy your product, but now I have a VERY bitter taste in my mouth instead.  You should rethink this policy as you'll have at least one less customer because of it.  Instead, it would be nice if you'd actually fix the problems in Beta 3 so that we can be assured you have a product that will work, unlike it's state today, I'm sad to say.  I'm extremely disappointed.

07/02/2014 06:25 AM

Author Icon
JeffJohnston
Apprentice (20-49)

In consideration of version 10 being way too far out to wait without something working, I wrote a script in version 9 to convert back the changes in syntax they made from 9 into 10.  These changes are for version 10 scripts to run in version 9.  It was my best choice among all the non-choices I had at this point.  (sigh)

Here's what I've found thus far, but PLEASE let me know if you find more!

Attached is the actual conversion script I wrote to read AM10 code and generate AM9 code from it.

From AM10 to AM9:  change AMAUTOMATE ACTIVITY="write_to_log" to AMWRITETOLOG

AM10:   <AMAUTOMATE ACTIVITY="write_to_log" LOGLEVEL="warning" TEXT="xxx/>

AM9:    <AMWRITETOLOG LOGLEVEL="warning" TEXT="xxx/>

From AM10 to AM9:  change <AMTEXT ACTIVITY="format_datetime" to <AMTEXTFORMATDATETIME

AM10:  <AMTEXT ACTIVITY="format_datetime" RESULTVARIABLE="date_time" DATETIMEFORMAT="yyyy-mm-dd hh-nn-ss" TWELVEHOURFORMAT="NO" />

AM9:   <AMTEXTFORMATDATETIME              DATETIMEFORMAT="yyyy-mm-dd hh-nn-ss" TWELVEHOURFORMAT="NO" RESULTVARIABLE="date_time" />

From AM10 to AM9:  delete ACTIVITY="contains_text"

AM10:   <AMIF ACTIVITY="contains_text" TEXT="%DATA%" SUBSTRING="%search_for%" ACTION="not_contain" FOUNDTEXTVARIABLE="found_text" INDEXVARIABLE="found_at">

AM9:    <AMIF                          ACTION="not_contain" TEXT="%DATA%" SUBSTRING="%search_for%" FOUNDTEXTVARIABLE="found_text" INDEXVARIABLE="found_at">

From AM10 to AM9:  change ACTIVITY="folder" to TYPE="FOLDER"

AM10:  <AMLOOP ACTIVITY="folder" FOLDER="%theDirectory%" RESULTVARIABLE="INPUT_FILE" SORT="descending" SUBFOLDERS="YES" EXCLUDE="xxx" ISNEWERTHAN="%DateAdd( "d", -recent_days, CStr( Now() ))%">

AM9:   <AMLOOP TYPE="FOLDER"     FOLDER="%theDirectory%" RESULTVARIABLE="INPUT_FILE" SUBFOLDERS="YES" EXCLUDE="xxx" SORT="descending" ISNEWERTHAN="%DateAdd( "n", -%recent_days%, CStr( Now() ))%">

From AM10 to AM9:  change <AMTEXT <ACTIVITY="trim" to <AMTEXTREMOVE

AM10:   <AMTEXT ACTIVITY="trim" TEXT="%search_for%" RESULTVARIABLE="search_for" REMOVE="spaces" />

AM9:    <AMTEXTREMOVE           REMOVE="spaces" TEXT="%search_for%" RESULTVARIABLE="%search_for%" />

(For Set/Create Variables, the hardest thus far

From AM10 to AM9:  change [ VALUE="] [>], then change [" />] to [</AMVARIABLE>]   (just on creates???)

AM10:  <AMVARIABLE NAME="alpha_bumps" VALUE="0" TYPE="number" />

AM9:   <AMVARIABLE NAME="alpha_bumps" TYPE="NUMBER">0</AMVARIABLE>

From AM10 to AM9:  change <AMVARIABLE ACTIVITY="set" to <AMSET
                   then change [ VALUE="] [>], then change [" />] to [</AMSET>]   (just on creates???)

AM10:  <AMVARIABLE ACTIVITY="set" VARIABLENAME="search_for" VALUE="8821" />

AM9:   <AMSET                     VARIABLENAME="search_for">8821</AMSET>

From AM10 to AM9:  change <AMVARIABLE ACTIVITY="increment"

AM10:       <AMVARIABLE ACTIVITY="increment" RESULTVARIABLE="total_files" />

AM9:       <AMINCREMENTVARIABLE             RESULTVARIABLE="total_files" />

From AM10 to AM9:  delete ACTIVITY="contains_text"

AM10:      <AMIF ACTIVITY="contains_text" TEXT="%INPUT_FILE%" SUBSTRING="%search_for%" FOUNDTEXTVARIABLE="found_text" INDEXVARIABLE="found_at">

AM9:      <AMIF                          TEXT="%INPUT_FILE%" SUBSTRING="%search_for%" FOUNDTEXTVARIABLE="found_text" INDEXVARIABLE="found_at">

AM9:       <AMIF ACTIVITY="contains_text"   TEXT="%INPUT_FILE%" SUBSTRING="%search_for%" ACTION="not_contain" FOUNDTEXTVARIABLE="found_text" INDEXVARIABLE="found_at">

AM10:    <AMIF                            ACTION="not_contain" TEXT="%INPUT_FILE%" SUBSTRING="%search_for%" FOUNDTEXTVARIABLE="found_text" INDEXVARIABLE="found_at">

Task Steps: (Right click, Select All, Copy to copy to the clipboard. Steps can then be pasted into the AutoMate Task Builder)
 07/02/2014 12:39 PM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Good job, Jeff.
That will help those trapped by the Beta expiration.

Jean Delfosse - Automate Beta Tester
Win7 Pro 64 bits -Win XP Pro SP3 32 bits - AM8, AM7, BPA10, BPA9, BPA8, BPA7, AM6 Enterprise, AM4
 07/07/2014 07:24 AM

Author Icon
Gijsberth de Ruiter
Artisan (200-499)

Jeff,
Works great. I found two more diffs:

AM10: AMText Action"replace"

AM10: Set arrays from list is new

I am an A-Team Member
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 6686 on 11/01/2020 at 01:24 AM.
There are currently 1815 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1815 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog