post all new threads in our new
HelpSystems Community Portal.
Post to the HelpSystems Forum
You are not currently logged on. You must be logged on in order to post. Log on
Or Create a new account
AutoMate Discussion
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Move exchange object lacks object type of email? Automate 11.0.6.11
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/03/2018 02:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/03/2018 02:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JanHenriksson
n00b (>6 posts)

Why cant I choose object type email when performing a exchangetask of modify object. Would need to set HasBeenRead to true. Furthermore there is there an option to mark a flag on the mailobject?

I dont seem to be able to move an exchange object of type email fetched from a o365 shared mailbox to another folder inside the shared mailbox?
 06/11/2018 07:15 AM

Author Icon
Alex Escalante
HelpSystems

Hello Jan,

Are you using a dataset to try and modify? Is it possible to share your steps as they are set currently?

Regarding the move, are you using the "move single object' action? If so, you will need the object ID to move the particular message to the desired location. You can find more info at the following article:

C:\Program Files\AutoMate 11\Help\Content\TechRef\Actions_Activities\Exchange\Exchange_-_Move_single_object.htm

-------------------------

Alex Escalante | Support Analyst
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 06/12/2018 11:58 PM

Author Icon
JanHenriksson
n00b (>6 posts)

Hello Alex,

Background: I establish an Exchange session (called ExchangeSession1) to an Office365 hosted *shared* mailbox and retreive all unread mails. I place the information in an dataset "eMails". From the dataset I grab the first mail and check the subject and body for our internal project number (emails(1).subject and emails(1).body). Project number is being fetched from a sql database. Based on the project # I know who to forward the mail to internally.

Fetching mails:
<AMEXCHANGE ACTIVITY="create_session" SESSION="ExchangeSession1" PROTOCOLTYPE="ews" EMAILADDRESS="[removed]" SERVER="outlook.office365.com" IMPERSONATE="YES" USERNAME="[removed]" PASSWORD="[removed]" />
<AMEXCHANGE ACTIVITY="get" SESSION="ExchangeSession1" EXCHANGEOBJECTTYPE="email" RESULTDATASET="eMails"><PROPERTY NAME="HasBeenRead" OPERATOR="Equals" VALUE="false" /></AMEXCHANGE>

The problem: I need to mark the retreived mail to be read and move it to a subfolder inside the *shared* mailbox. I cannot find a method to mark the object with id found in mails(1).ID to be HasBeenRead=$true and when trying to implement the Action Move single Object it only lists the destination folders of the used user accounts mailbox, not the *Shared* mailbox content that the mail was initially retreived from. I would also like to place a flag(mark complete) on the processed mail, does not seem possible ?

This one fails; Folder missing error. Folder is present in the *Shared* mailbox.

<AMEXCHANGE ACTIVITY="move_single" SESSION="ExchangeSession1" EXCHANGEOBJECTADDRESS="%eMails(1).id%" FOLDER="Processed" AM_ENABLED="NO" />

<AMEXCHANGE ACTIVITY="modify".. > only accepts objecttyypes of Appointment, Task, and Contact.

There is no way to forward the mail "as it is" from the shared mailbox ? Currently as a workaround I compose a new mail using the Send Email action (with protocol EWS) and place the subject and body as content to the composed mail. This forces me to do some tricks to get possible attachments with the mail aswell.

br
Jan
 06/18/2018 03:39 PM

Author Icon
Devin Cannon
HelpSystems

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately there is not a way to get around the roadblocks you're running into with forwarding emails or changing email status/category/followup.

As for moving the messages. Do you just want to move the email from the "Inbox" folder to a "Shared" folder? Or are you wanting to move the message between accounts, say from "MyEmail@outlook.com" to "SharedEmail@outlook.com"?

If it's the former, you can access a folder outside the "Inbox" by using "MsgFolderRoot/Shared". Here's what the step would be:

<AMEXCHANGE ACTIVITY="move_single" SESSION="ExchangeSession1" EXCHANGEOBJECTADDRESS="%eMails.ID%" FOLDER="MsgFolderRoot/test" />

-------------------------

Devin Cannon | Support Analyst
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 473 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 473 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog