Network Automation Software We are currently migrating this forum
over to our HelpSystems domain. Please
post all new threads in our new
HelpSystems Community Portal.
Post to the HelpSystems Forum
You are not currently logged on. You must be logged on in order to post. Log on
Or Create a new account
AutoMate Discussion
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: RegEx evaluator changed in v11?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/28/2017 08:26 AM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/28/2017 08:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JamesLankford
Artisan (200-499)

Posts: 369
Joined: 11/26/2012

I am currently converting tasks from v10 to v11. I have a task I am working to convert where so far I have found several issues which I have either already posted about or created a ticket.

Another issue I have found, but was able to fix (hopefully) is a Regular Expression I am using in v10 but is not working in v11.

I have a task that parses a text file and does some cleaning prior to reformatting the data into a new file. This particular steps looks for text in each row that would look something like this: Line 12345 successfully processed. 

The RegEx I was using to find that text was "Line \d* successfully processed." (Sans quotes). In v11, this no longer works. I even tried replacing "\d*" with "\d+", which in a regex tester program, works correctly.

I finally was able to get it to work by updating the AM step to use RegEx expression: "Line \d{1,10} successfully processed." Of course, this would only work as long as the line # values are smaller than 10 digits, in which case I would have to update the RegEx again. Any idea why this changed in v11?



-------------------------
<html />
 11/29/2017 06:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

Posts: 5454
Joined: 05/15/2007

Hi James,

We found a regex issue using the asterisk:

23249 - TEXT (REPLACE): regular expression .XML.* provides different results in v11 than in v10

This has been corrected in the upcoming v11.0.2 release. However, please provide a sample of what worked in v10 for you so we can test it in v11.0.2 and make sure that your issue is addressed with this correction.



-------------------------

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1040 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1040 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog