Increase font size
Topic Title: PGP file with multiple files encrypted within
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/17/2013 02:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/17/2013 02:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JohnMintalar
Student (5-19 posts)

Version: AutoMate 7.1.1.0

This issue deals with a PGP file containing multiple files.

We receive PGP files from a client and some, not all, may contain multiple files encrypted within the PGP file.  When these files are decrypted using PGP Desktop, the multiple files within are decrypted and individually written out to disk.  For example, one .pgp file can produce file1.txt and file2.txt when decrypted.

If I attempt to decrypt a .pgp file in AutoMate with multiple files within, it only decrypts one file and writes that file out.  Using my example, only file1.txt would be decrypted and written out.  This is using the OPENPGP Public/Private Key option.

If I use the option PGP Public/Private Key and run this task on our agent that has PGP installed on it, it still writes out only one file BUT combines the contents of file1.txt and file2.txt into the resulting file.

I'd like to know if there is any way, in AutoMate, to get the decryption to function like PGP Desktop; that I get two separate decrypted files (file1.txt and file2.txt).

John

Category Survey
 04/19/2013 02:48 PM

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

Hi John,

If possible, please create a sample PGP file containing multiple files and provide a sample task that demonstrates the issue. We need to review the PGP file and how the task is configured.

Category Survey

-------------------------

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 04/19/2013 03:37 PM

Author Icon
Hamid Noorbakhsh
HelpSystems

Hi John,
See also if this linkwill help you also.

Category Survey
AutoMate BPA Server 7 version:
Windows version:

Thank you for choosing AutoMate

Hamid Noorbakhsh | Senior Software Engineer
AutoMate | A Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700
 05/30/2013 09:04 AM

Author Icon
JohnMintalar
Student (5-19 posts)

Leonard and Hamid,

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post.  Second, my apologies for not replying promptly.  I was suddenly thrown into a project to upgrade our BPA7 workflows to BPA9.  (Thankfully, that went pretty smoothly; everything was done in a couple of days.)  I have now been able to return to this issue and what I've found is that the .PGP file we are getting from our client must not be using the .tar archive method to package the multiple files.  I encrypted multiple files into a .PGP file using AutoMate and was able to decrypt them using AutoMate (with the .tar archive extract selected).  When I decrypt the file from the client (with the .tar archive extract selected), I only get one file.  When I decrypt the file from the client using PGP desktop (PGP Mail), I get two files.  So, that is where it stands now.  By the way, we're on version 9.0.4.5 now.

Category Survey
 06/03/2013 02:40 PM

Author Icon
Liz Casale
AUTOMATE EMPLOYEE

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. Could we schedule a GoToAssist session to review this issue in your environment? If so, please send an email to support@networkautomation.com with your availability and a link to this forum post as well. We are going to have to review the file you are trying to decrypt and they are likely confidential that you are unable to post here

Category Survey

Liz Casale
Technical Support Representative
(213) 738-6966
Network Automation, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AM5 5.5.5.1; AM6 6.2.8.0; AM7 7.1.3.0; AM8 8.0.9.0; AM9 9.0.3.4
BPA7 7.1.3.0; BPA8 8.0.9.0; BPA9 9.0.3.4
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1366 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1366 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog