Increase font size
Topic Title: merging Excel files
Topic Summary: merge several Excel fiels into one
Created On: 03/10/2009 02:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/10/2009 02:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JivaJentile
Journeyman (50-99)

I need to create a task that will take one to many excel files and merge them into a single file. they will all have the same format and will need to end up on a single worksheet tab. can someone advise me if this is possible, and give an overview of how it would be done? i have not to date done any manipulation of excel data. Thanks...

Category Survey
 03/16/2009 07:33 AM

Author Icon
RonMiller
Expert (100-199)

JivaJentile,

Interesting idea, see attached code example. I didn't do any extensive testing but it should get you going.

Good luck

Category Survey

Task Steps: (Right click, Select All, Copy to copy to the clipboard. Steps can then be pasted into the AutoMate Task Builder)

-------------------------
Paulo Monaco - Fiserv
AM6E, AM7E, BPA7E - W2K3 Servers, XP Clients
 03/16/2009 12:21 PM

Author Icon
JivaJentile
Journeyman (50-99)

Thanks Jeff, that gives me a good start. i will check it out soonest i have some time to get back to this project. one addition i can see off the bat is that i will not know how many rows each sheet will contain [format the same as far as columns, but variable # of rows, sorry wasnt more clear on this] so i will somehow have to detect the first blank row [or ???] in order to get my count. thanks again for the leg up... ~j

Category Survey
 07/21/2015 08:38 AM

Author Icon
KevinLush
Expert (100-199)

"Thanks Jeff, that gives me a good start. i will check it out soonest i have some time to get back to this project. one addition i can see off the bat is that i will not know how many rows each sheet will contain [format the same as far as columns, but variable # of rows, sorry wasnt more clear on this] so i will somehow have to detect the first blank row [or ???] in order to get my count. thanks again for the leg up... ~j " - I agree 100% with this. I have files with uniform column names but each file can contain 1 record up to 500. I need to combine these two files and only have one header row. Help!

Category Survey
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1337 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1337 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog