Increase font size
Topic Title: Access 2007 Macro
Topic Summary: Run Access 2007 Macro without Desktop Interaction
Created On: 05/14/2010 11:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/14/2010 11:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ISOperations
Apprentice (20-49)

Hello,

We have an Access 2007 macro that we need to be run from Automate while the system is logged off.  If we run the task while task builder is open, all runs OK.  If we attempt to manually trigger the task or allow the system to trigger the task it will launch Access but fails to go any further than launching Access.  We are calling Access from a .bat file with the /x parameter.  The task is set to background user as we do not want to have the system logged in nor do we want this process to login, it should just run in the background like a file move/copy task.

A couple of other notes, this same EXACT macro/process ran fine in Automate 6 / Access 97, problem is I can’t test to see if it is Automate 6 or Access 97 that is allowing it to run because we still have other items on the Automate 6 server that are using access and we are in the middle of a migration from 6 to 7.

Another note, this runs fine as a scheduled task in Windows task schedule, works exactly the way we want but virtually the same setup in Automate requires it to be ran from task builder and will not run in the background.  Automate 7 is installed on a Windows 2008 x86 system.

Any thoughts?

Category Survey
 05/14/2010 11:18 PM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Could you post (using the attach code button) the exact step that you use to run the bat ?

Category Survey
AutoMate 7 version:
Windows version:

-------------------------
Jean Delfosse - Automate Beta Tester
Win7 Pro 64 bits -Win XP Pro SP3 32 bits - AM8, AM7, BPA10, BPA9, BPA8, BPA7, AM6 Enterprise, AM4
 05/17/2010 01:23 PM

Author Icon
JacobusPieters
Artisan (200-499)

Windows 2008 has a lot more restrictions in automating background actions. Search in this forum for what I had to do to get Word running in the background in Windows 2008.

Category Survey
 05/17/2010 02:25 PM

Author Icon
Rick Johnson
AUTOMATE EMPLOYEE

Originally posted by: ISOperations

Hello,

We have an Access 2007 macro that we need to be run from Automate while the system is logged off.  If we run the task while task builder is open, all runs OK.  If we attempt to manually trigger the task or allow the system to trigger the task it will launch Access but fails to go any further than launching Access.  We are calling Access from a .bat file with the /x parameter.  The task is set to background user as we do not want to have the system logged in nor do we want this process to login, it should just run in the background like a file move/copy task.

A couple of other notes, this same EXACT macro/process ran fine in Automate 6 / Access 97, problem is I can't test to see if it is Automate 6 or Access 97 that is allowing it to run because we still have other items on the Automate 6 server that are using access and we are in the middle of a migration from 6 to 7.

Another note, this runs fine as a scheduled task in Windows task schedule, works exactly the way we want but virtually the same setup in Automate requires it to be ran from task builder and will not run in the background.  Automate 7 is installed on a Windows 2008 x86 system.

Any thoughts?

Hello,

How do you have the permissions set when you configure Windows Task Scheduler to run the command string? Does the user that you are specifying have limited permissions? Do you set it to run from the Task Scheduler using highest privileges?

Category Survey

- Rick Johnson
Network Automation
 06/19/2010 06:08 PM

Author Icon
JeffTysco
Artisan (200-499)

Originally posted by: ISOperations Hello,

A couple of other notes, this same EXACT macro/process ran fine in Automate 6 / Access 97, problem is I can’t test to see if it is Automate 6 or Access 97 that is allowing it to run because we still have other items on the Automate 6 server that are using access and we are in the middle of a migration from 6 to 7.

Any thoughts?

Might be a bit late, but have you tried running the macro directly from automate (Bypassing your bat file)?  I've attatched a piece of code I use for this, but my machines are logged in. 

The code below uses a constant of constMSOfficePath which currently is c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\ on this particular machine.

Category Survey

Task Steps: (Right click, Select All, Copy to copy to the clipboard. Steps can then be pasted into the AutoMate Task Builder)

?? . Your Total IT Solutions Provider
?? . Business Class Hosting Services
 01/25/2013 05:25 AM

Author Icon
ShailendraGupta
Student (5-19 posts)

Hi

I have a MDB file and some macros are written there. One of the macro creates the file qry_Mod4_Step1_Export.xlsx which is imported by the Automate job.

Now my job is to open a Access connection, execute the macro and import the .xlsx file and then close that connection.

Can you please guide me through the process. Its Urgent.

Category Survey
 01/25/2013 09:38 AM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

I replied on your other post.

Category Survey
AutoMate 7 version:
Windows version:

Jean Delfosse - Automate Beta Tester
Win7 Pro 64 bits -Win XP Pro SP3 32 bits - AM8, AM7, BPA10, BPA9, BPA8, BPA7, AM6 Enterprise, AM4
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1795 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1795 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog