post all new threads in our new
HelpSystems Community Portal.
Post to the HelpSystems Forum
You are not currently logged on. You must be logged on in order to post. Log on
Or Create a new account
AutoMate Discussion
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to pull current day files from subfolders and send them through FTP
Topic Summary: Detailed Suggestions welcomed
Created On: 01/22/2013 09:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/22/2013 09:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JasonRiddick
Journeyman (50-99)

I have a folder on our network under which there over a dozen subfolders, one for each insurance we have here at our hospital. Within our Meditech computer system a consulting firm has setup routines that would download the claim files based on the insurance type to each folder. I have been asked to pull the current day's files from each folder and FTP them to a vendor. I am thinking Loop Files may work but I would need a suggestion of the detailed steps within Automate on how to make it work. I need to get this done as soon as possible.

Category Survey
 01/22/2013 09:41 AM

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

Hi Jason,

I have provided some code below that may assist you. Only files that are dated with today's date will fall into the IF statement where you would add your FTP Upload step. The dialog boxes are for demonstration purposes.

Category Survey
AutoMate 6 version:
Windows version:

Task Steps: (Right click, Select All, Copy to copy to the clipboard. Steps can then be pasted into the AutoMate Task Builder)

-------------------------

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 01/22/2013 10:39 AM

Author Icon
JasonRiddick
Journeyman (50-99)

Cool. A question. Would I just put the variable name in the upload source filename line of the step to send it.

Category Survey
 01/22/2013 11:08 AM

Author Icon
JasonRiddick
Journeyman (50-99)

Like %netauto%?

Category Survey
 01/22/2013 01:05 PM

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

Yes. Currently, %netauto% will include the path and the filename so using %netauto% as the source would work.

Category Survey
AutoMate 6 version:
Windows version:

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 01/25/2013 05:01 PM

Author Icon
JeffTysco
Artisan (200-499)

Originally posted by: JasonRiddick
Within our Meditech computer system a consulting firm has setup routines that would download the claim files based on the insurance type to each folder. I have been asked to pull the current day's files from each folder and FTP them to a vendor.

So I have to ask...what Hospital do you work for (If you don't mind sharing)...because I'm wondering if I'm one of your vendors

As an alternative to Leonards code, you could also skip setting the "Result Variable" and use a dataset instead (Or possibly even a filter on the loop action itself).

This way you already have the filename, date created and date modified available and don't have to rely on the FileDateTime function...which may be just a tad bit slower if your running this against hundreds/thousands of files (Depending on your insurance Mnemonic).

I'll follow up with some sample code when I get back in the office tomorrow if you like.

Category Survey

?? . Your Total IT Solutions Provider
?? . Business Class Hosting Services
 07/08/2013 07:10 AM

Author Icon
JasonRiddick
Journeyman (50-99)

Leonard,

I need to make some adjustments to the script. I wonder if you can assist as the go live was suppose to be this week and I was just notifed while I was on vacation last week. If the file folder begins with a P I need and a current date file exists in it I need it to go a different subfolder in live when I FTP the file and if it does not begin with a P it goes to another folder in the FTP site. THe files created by our main system are put into different folders under the SSI Claims main folder. The procedure to look at the today date for the actual file is something I still need to use.

Category Survey

Task Steps: (Right click, Select All, Copy to copy to the clipboard. Steps can then be pasted into the AutoMate Task Builder)
 07/13/2013 01:15 PM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Jason,
would this help ?

Category Survey
AutoMate 6 version:
Windows version:

Jean Delfosse - Automate Beta Tester
Win7 Pro 64 bits -Win XP Pro SP3 32 bits - AM8, AM7, BPA10, BPA9, BPA8, BPA7, AM6 Enterprise, AM4
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 2435 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 2435 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog