post all new threads in our new
HelpSystems Community Portal.
Post to the HelpSystems Forum
You are not currently logged on. You must be logged on in order to post. Log on
Or Create a new account
AutoMate Discussion
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Are old versions of Automate available for purchase?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/07/2013 11:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/07/2013 11:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
LucyShanayneigh
n00b (>6 posts)

Hi All,

It's been about 5 years since I've posted here, mainly because I've moved to a new employer and no longer use Automate.  I'm looking to start using it again where I'm at, but my jaw dropped when I ran a price quote.   IIRC the price was about $595 back around the time of versions 5.5 or 6.0ish; now it's almost 1000% higher.

Unfortunatly the price structure has changed so much that I cannot in ethically reccommend this to my employeer as we'd be spending tax-payer money on it.  That is why I am inquiring about old versions.  I don't need BPA server or anything wild, just simple stand-alone Automate as it was back in 2007ish with hopefully a similar pricing schedule as it was back then.

So N.A., what would you say if I wanted to purchase a copy of version 6?  Would that be possible

EDIT:  Also, sorry this is not my real name.  I have no idea what happened to my 'Mike Slaunwhite' account with probably 100+ posts.

Category Survey
 03/08/2013 12:41 PM

Author Icon
Martin Gadzinowski
HelpSystems

Hi Mike,

The pricing information to which you are referring is approximately 11 years old for the AutoMate 5 product which was released in 2002. While I am glad to hear that AM5 worked well for you, we have made leaps and bounds in terms of our ability to support commonly used protocols, enhanced security standards, infrastructure applications, and much more. In the four major releases and dozens of minor updates since v5, Network Automation has invested heavily in developing a complete automation platform capable of building a wide array of solutions without writing code.

As we continue to make these enhancements to the software and increase the stability and reliability therein, we also want to ensure that our customers are able to receive best of breed technical support for their license(s) of AutoMate. It is for this reason that Network Automation only sells the current version of its software and supports the current version of AutoMate and one version back (v9 and v8 respectively).

While I can appreciate your price sensitivity, we cannot offer a new product for the same price as was offered more than a decade ago. Given that older versions of the software are inferior to our latest edition, we also would want you to take advantage of all that we have built over the years. Since this is a public forum, I cannot discuss price in further detail. However, I strongly recommend that you speak with a Network Automation Account Manager so they can show you all that AutoMate now has to offer and provide you with pricing commensurate with the value you will receive. They will also be able to help you locate and update your account so that you may use your proper login going forward.

Best Regards,

Martin R. Gadzinowski Jr.
VP Sales

Category Survey
 05/02/2013 08:20 AM

Author Icon
GordonBenson
Student (5-19 posts)

For what its worth, I agree with Lucy (Mike), we are still on Automate v6 because my management would never go for the new price point. While I understand all the new bells and whistles cost money to implement, that should be a 'Pro' version for those who need it. Those of us using just the basic functionality simply can't justify the new pricing.

Category Survey

Edited: 05/06/2013 at 12:49 PM by GordonBenson
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1495 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1495 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog