Increase font size
Topic Title: Log Issue
Topic Summary: List index out of bounds
Created On: 07/24/2006 12:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/24/2006 12:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Michael Priddy
Artisan (200-499)

Has anyone else encountered a "list index out of bounds" Error when opening the AutoMate Event Log?
This is a pretty sable install and the issue just started happening.

Category Survey

-------------------------
Michael Priddy - AutoMate Beta Tester
Windows Server 2003 / XP SP3, 7/ 8/10 Server 2008/2012/2014
BPA Version : 10.5.0.56
 07/24/2006 01:43 PM

Author Icon
JD Bitner
AutoMate n00bie

I am having the same problem on my windows 2000 prof (sp4) machine.  I have uninstalled automate 6, restarted, and reinstalled it to no avail.

When I click on the Log icon from the Automate 6 Task Manager window, the Automate Event Log window opens, and immediately presents me with a popup window titled "Error".  The "Task Events" tab is the default tab selected at the time of the error.  The error message text is as follows:

List index out of bounds(23)

Funny thing though.  The number (23) above keeps incrementing each time you close the Automate Event Log Window and click the Log button again to re-open the Automate Event Log Window.

Also, when I close the error window and change tabs to the "System Events" tab, I can view entries in the System Events log file without any errors.  

A weird thing that occurs is the mouse changes to an hourglass and never goes back to it's pointer while hovering over the Automate Event Log Window under any tab.

A co-worker of mine is running Automate 6 on a Windows XP professional machine with no logging errors.

Category Survey
 07/24/2006 02:15 PM

Author Icon
RollandCoburn
AUTOMATE EMPLOYEE

This is a known issue with 6.1.0.0.  This will be fixed in the next real se.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.  There may be a work around.   Can you try to click on the first column header in the task tab when this is happening (even though the data is not displayed), then close the log form and try to re-open the log.

Category Survey

Rolland Coburn

Network Automation, Inc
 07/24/2006 02:40 PM

Author Icon
JD Bitner
AutoMate n00bie

Clicking on the column header (which normally sorts the column) for Date/Time did resolve my issue.  I restarted, and the issue seems to remain resolved.

Can I suggest an enhancement in the future that would allow me to save my [drop down] filter settings in the Automate Event log window?  For instance, if I want the Automate Event Log window to open by default with filter settings set to show failures for the last 7 days only, that particular setting could be saved as the default.  I suspect allowing the default open tab (Task Events / System Events) to be set might be helpful for someone else if possible as well.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
JD Bitner

Category Survey

Edited: 07/24/2006 at 02:43 PM by JD Bitner
 11/30/2006 06:39 AM

Author Icon
DLRP_BDS
AutoMate n00bie

We had the same problem this week, so wa can say that the newest version of automate (6.1.1) hasn't corrected this bug.

Searching deeper inside the log we figured out that the problem is due to empty lines somewhere inside the log. In order to find where, you just have to close automate, and open the log text file (usually in this folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Automation\AutoMate 6\AM6TaskEvents.txt  under excel. Then selecting the first cell and doing a Ctrl+Down, it's easy to find the blanks. Once found, you just have to delete the line(s), save the log and re-open automate. You shouldn't have the error message again...

I hope this tip will help people... until the bug is really fixed in a future version...

Regards !

Category Survey
 11/30/2006 08:04 AM

Author Icon
RollandCoburn
AUTOMATE EMPLOYEE

DLRP,

Thank you for your input.  I development has been made aware of this bug.  Thank you also for your work around, so that other users can benefit.

Category Survey

Rolland Coburn

Network Automation, Inc
 01/15/2007 06:50 AM

Author Icon
DLRP_BDS
AutoMate n00bie

Hi all,

We had the same problem again today... But when we tried to apply the method we found later on to correct it, it didn't work... Apparently this time there's no empty lines in the log, so there's an other reason for this problem and we didn't find it out!

This time we had to close automate, delete the "AM6TaskEvents.txt" (of course after a backup), re-open automate, re-close it and restore the "AM6TaskEvents.txt". After re-opening the software once again, the "List index out of bounds" error was no more...

I hope the new release will correct this issue!!! Do you have an idea when will it be available?

Thx,

Regards !

Category Survey
 01/16/2007 02:46 PM

Author Icon
RollandCoburn
AUTOMATE EMPLOYEE

DLRP,

Thank you for the report, I have passed this on to development, they say it will be fixed next release.

Category Survey

Rolland Coburn

Network Automation, Inc
 09/24/2014 02:13 AM

Author Icon
KlausWagner
n00b (>6 posts)

This error persists in Version Automate version 8.0.9.0.

Category Survey
AutoMate 6 version: 6.2.8
Windows version: Windows 2008 R2
 09/24/2014 11:23 AM

Author Icon
Ricardo Castaneda
HelpSystems

Hi Klaus,

I am not able to reproduce your issue internally on version 8.0.9.0.

Is there anymore information you can provide in reproducing this issue?

Category Survey

Ricardo Castaneda | Principal Support Analyst
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 2954 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 2954 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog