post all new threads in our new
HelpSystems Community Portal.
Post to the HelpSystems Forum
You are not currently logged on. You must be logged on in order to post. Log on
Or Create a new account
AutoMate Discussion
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: In Filezilla, how to wait till the sitemanager connects to the ftp site
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/06/2009 12:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/06/2009 12:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
V SRawat
Student (5-19 posts)

<AMVARIABLE NAME="RecorderSpeed">10</AMVARIABLE>
<AMRUN FILE="C:\Program Files\FileZilla FTP Client\filezilla.exe" DEFAULTFOLDER="F:\work\Automate" SINGLEINSTANCE="YES">
<AMSENDKEY>{CTRL}s</AMSENDKEY>
<AMSENDKEY>automate{ENTER}</AMSENDKEY>

=> I have to wait here

<AMKEYDOWN SHIFT=YES>
<AMSENDKEY>{TAB}{TAB}</AMSENDKEY>
<AMKEYUP SHIFT=YES>
<AMSENDKEY>test.xls{POPUP}{ALT}d{ENTER}</AMSENDKEY>
<AMKEYDOWN SHIFT=YES>
<AMSENDKEY>{TAB}{TAB}</AMSENDKEY>
<AMKEYUP SHIFT=YES>

In the above partial script, in the Filezilla, I have defined a FTP site as "automate" for testing this script. I run Filezilla, that becomes foreground, then I press Ctrl-s to open filezilla's site manager, and, in that, select the "automate" site and press enter so that filezilla connects to that.

Now, I want my script to pause TILL filezilla has connected to the automate site. There is no problem and connection does get made but it takes time.

However I am finding that whatever value i choose for pause there, automate proceeds to simulate next keystrokes BEFORE filezilla has finished connecting, and that messes up entire thing.

How to make it sense whether filezilla is still connecting so that it waits and proceeds only when filezilla has finished connecting.

thanks.

Category Survey
 03/06/2009 12:45 PM

Author Icon
V SRawat
Student (5-19 posts)

Another aspect:

Filezilla is not keyboard-shortcut-friendly. There is just no provision for using keyboard shortcuts for several things, even for selecting pane, there is no provision for running batch ftp commands or any script. Whatever. I have reported that at their forum.

That creates problem in automate as we have to move mouse or repeatedly press tab/ shift-tab to go to various places which is not good enough.

Could any one suggest some other free ftp client that has better support for keyboard shortcut and even batch/script support.

--

When I used ms default ftp, I could run the batch script file and it could connect, but when i gave the "get test.xls" file, it just shows "port command successful" and waited there for eons and then gave some messages about port 5006 and aborted. I could never download the file thru ms ftp whereas the file gets downloaded through filezilla. It is not an Automate issue, but if anyone knows what could be causing that problem, please give me a tip.

Thanks.

Category Survey
 04/02/2009 09:05 PM

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

You may want to give WinSCP a try....

http://www.winscp.net

It has an installer as well as a portable version. I was able to maneuver pretty easily with the keyboard. It also supports batch/scripts and command line interface.

Category Survey
AutoMate 6 version:
Windows version:

-------------------------

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 04/03/2009 05:41 AM

Author Icon
V SRawat
Student (5-19 posts)

Originally posted by: Leonard Amabile (N.A) You may want to give WinSCP a try.... http://www.winscp.net It has an installer as well as a portable version. I was able to maneuver pretty easily with the keyboard. It also supports batch/scripts and command line interface.

Thanks Leo, I am downloading that and would understand its features.

Category Survey
 03/12/2012 01:37 AM

Author Icon
AcantonyClark
n00b (>6 posts)

Originally posted by: V SRawat Another aspect:

Filezilla is not keyboard-shortcut-friendly. There is just no provision for using keyboard shortcuts for several things, even for selecting pane, there is no provision for running batch ftp commands or any script. Whatever. I have reported that at their forum.

That creates problem in automate as we have to move mouse or repeatedly press tab/ shift-tab to go to various places which is not good enough.

Could any one suggest some other free ftp client that has better support for keyboard shortcut and even batch/script support.

--

When I used ms default ftp, I could run the batch script file and it could connect, but when i gave the "get test.xls" file, it just shows "port command successful" and waited there for eons and then gave some messages about port 5006 and aborted. I could never download the file thru ms ftp whereas the file gets downloaded through filezilla. It is not an Automate issue, but if anyone knows what could be causing that problem, please give me a tip.

Thanks.

Yes you are right Rawat! I had filezilla download yesterday and used it the same way.

Category Survey
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 2473 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 2473 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog