Increase font size
Topic Title: BPA 8 Asymmetric key encryption
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/21/2013 11:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/21/2013 11:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AbhishekNepal
n00b (>6 posts)

Hi, 

I need help regarding BPA Autamation workflow. We are using BPA in our company. I need to encrpyt and decrypt file using Asymmetric key encryption. 

Details:

Before we were using VBScript to encrypt and decrypt files. Now we are moving to BPA. Using VBScript we used to use pgp.exe. I already have public and private key. I am not able to decrypt the encrpyted file supplied by our client. Can you please help me resolve this issue?

Category Survey
 07/22/2013 11:44 AM

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

Hi Abhishek,

Our product has PGP Encrypt and Decrypt functionality. In order to maintain asymmetric key encryption you need to use the Encrypt/Decrypt activities in the Cryptography folder. They keys will need to be in a keyring.

Category Survey

-------------------------

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 07/22/2013 11:59 AM

Author Icon
AbhiHada
n00b (>6 posts)

Hi Leonard,

To use PGP i need to install PGP on the machine right? Is  there anyway we can use Open PGP passphrase. I tries using that but the thing is how do i attach the public/secret key to keyring. 

Category Survey
 07/22/2013 12:36 PM

Author Icon
Liz Casale
AUTOMATE EMPLOYEE

Hi Abhi,

The Public and Private Keyring files would need to be created in your local environment and then your keys imported into the keyrings. Unfortunately, we do not have tutorials on this. However here is an article that may assist you with creating the keyring files:

http://help.globalscape.com/he...p_key_ring_manager.htm

*You can use any keyring manager to import your keys. Our preference is either Gpg4win (http://www.gpg4win.org/download.html) or Kleopatra (http://www.kde.org/applications/utilities/kleopatra/)

Category Survey

Liz Casale
Technical Support Representative
(213) 738-6966
Network Automation, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AM5 5.5.5.1; AM6 6.2.8.0; AM7 7.1.3.0; AM8 8.0.9.0; AM9 9.0.3.4
BPA7 7.1.3.0; BPA8 8.0.9.0; BPA9 9.0.3.4
 07/22/2013 01:11 PM

Author Icon
AbhiHada
n00b (>6 posts)

Hi Liz,

I do not find any option on both of the s/w gpg4win and kleopatra for creating a keyring (.pkr file). 

Category Survey
 07/22/2013 01:33 PM

Author Icon
AbhiHada
n00b (>6 posts)

Here is what we used to do in command line for encrpyting:

pgp.exe --encrypt " FileName"-r  "key code" -o " "Filename"--overwrite remove -v --status-file

For decryption: 

pgp.exe  --decrypt " FileName " --passphrase "key code" -o " Folder " --overwrite remove -v --status-file "

Category Survey
 07/22/2013 01:49 PM

Author Icon
Hamid Noorbakhsh
HelpSystems

Abhi,
Keyrings can have any extension. If you are using gpg4win or Kleopatra, they are GnuPG based and most likely in C:\Users\{your user}\AppData\Roaming\gnupg as 'pubring.gpg' and 'secring.gpg'

Keyrings are like wallets, you usually just have one pair and keep adding or removing keys to/from it. One does not usually keep creating keyrings. Once you launch GPA or Kleopatra, you are prompted to create your keyrings. If you are using the passphrase as per the command you show, then you do not need the keyrings. Just open the Encrypt/Decrypt section and choose OpenPGP passphrase.

Hope this helps you.

Category Survey

Thank you for choosing AutoMate

Hamid Noorbakhsh | Senior Software Engineer
AutoMate | A Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700
 07/22/2013 02:33 PM

Author Icon
AbhiHada
n00b (>6 posts)

Whenever i try to decrypt i get the following error:

[Main](Step 16) Decryption failed : No appropriate OpenPGP secret key for decryption found

Category Survey
 07/22/2013 02:59 PM

Author Icon
Hamid Noorbakhsh
HelpSystems

Abhi,
When you use PGP, the path for the keyrings are cached. Please find out where your keyrings are and then once you have the path, you are fine. For Asymmetric cryptography you will need the keyrings, no matter what program you use, so you need to find out where they are located on your system. Since you could have customized whre you keep the keyrings, you will only be able to find out where they are. If you are not sure, they are probably located in default PGP directory look here for some help.

Once you know where your keyrings are located, and you are decrypting (you must have the private key at this point, since you have provided the other party with your public key to encrypt with), choose OpenPGP public/private key selection on 'General' Tab. Click to 'PGP' tab to enter your private key and passphrase for that key and try to decrypt. (If you do not already have a keyring with a private key, you can not decrypt the message no matter what, so if your command line is decrypting, then all you have to do is find out where that private keyring is located and use that path)

Edit: The path for keyrings are added on 'Key Options' tab. Once correct path is added the PGP tab will show you what key are available.

Category Survey

Thank you for choosing AutoMate

Hamid Noorbakhsh | Senior Software Engineer
AutoMate | A Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700

Edited: 07/22/2013 at 03:41 PM by Hamid Noorbakhsh
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1468 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1468 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog