post all new threads in our new
HelpSystems Community Portal.
Post to the HelpSystems Forum
You are not currently logged on. You must be logged on in order to post. Log on
Or Create a new account
AutoMate Discussion
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to Install Dev Tools After Agent Install???
Topic Summary: Another version of this product is already installed...
Created On: 01/31/2013 08:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/31/2013 08:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JasonSicore
Student (5-19 posts)

I've just deployed a v8010 agent to a new Windows '08 server and now I need to install the development tools on the same box. The BPA server itself is on a separate physical machine elsewhere on our LAN.

I copied the software over and ran the EXE to set it up. I was expecting it to list the available components that I can install and indicate that the agent was already installed and give me the option to install the deve tools but...

Result: "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel. [OK BUTTON]"

The installer exits when clicking "OK".

Went into Add/Remove Programs as instructed, selected "Automate BPA Server" from the list of available programs and clicked on "Change". The installer fires up, I select "Modify" from the installer, and it displays the screen where you can select how each of the components are to be installed. The problem: Only the Agent is listed...there is NO option to install the Development Tools.

How do I install the Dev tools on a server that already has the agent deployed on it?!?!?!? We went through hell just getting the agent installation to work correctly and we DO NOT want to uninstall everything and start from scratch.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Category Survey
 01/31/2013 02:36 PM

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

Hi Jason,

Once one component is installed on a workstation, you cannot install additional components. You will have to uninstall the agent and then run the executable to install both the agent and development tools in one pass.

Category Survey
AutoMate BPA Server 8 version:
Windows version:

-------------------------

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 01/31/2013 03:42 PM

Author Icon
JasonSicore
Student (5-19 posts)

Yep...looks like that is the case. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled with the correct options. Looks good now.

Category Survey
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1154 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1154 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog