post all new threads in our new
HelpSystems Community Portal.
Post to the HelpSystems Forum
You are not currently logged on. You must be logged on in order to post. Log on
Or Create a new account
AutoMate Discussion
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Noob Question: Help with a simple expression?
Topic Summary: 7500<
Created On: 07/03/2013 04:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
Answer This question was answered by CaydenYoung, on Thursday, July 4, 2013 5:41 AM

Answer:
Scratch that. It must have been a glitch. I saved and closed and upon re-entering the script manager the expression seems to register. Thank you again! It means a lot!
 07/03/2013 04:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
CaydenYoung
n00b (>6 posts)

So here is my problem, I am using the "wait for window" in the task builder. The window is an IE frame, but more specifically, I want the task to wait for a number on the page to be > 7500.I have successfully found the control that the number is located on inside the webpage, but I am so unexperienced with expressions; I cannot seem to build an expression for simply: n > 7500.I have tried %n>%7500   %n>7500% and many more. I figure it will look somewhat similar to that?NOTE: I am using Automate 9, and the control on the webpage is CellWithinATable, if that is relevant at all. Also to be more specific, the entirety of the cell is "7500 following". 7500 is a number that is ever changing and I want the task to wait for that number to be GREATER THAN 7500.Any help?
 07/04/2013 02:29 AM

Author Icon
BenjaminKorper
Artisan (200-499)

Hi Cayden,

You should build a expression loop that contains the Web Browser - Get Value action.
I attached a non working example, you will have to edit the webbrowser action.

Best regards,

Benjamin

Task Steps: (Right click, Select All, Copy to copy to the clipboard. Steps can then be pasted into the AutoMate Task Builder)

-------------------------

07/04/2013 05:36 AM

Author Icon
CaydenYoung
n00b (>6 posts)

That answered my question perfectly! Thank you so much!I have ran into one other problem now, and I was hoping maybe you could solve this one. So when I "Get Value" it brings back a 0. But if I use "Get Text" it will bring back the number I'm looking for. The problem is that when I populate the variable with my number recieved by "Get Text" it wont respond to the expression as if it were a value; even though it shows up completly in number form (ex. 2993). Is there any way to convert this "text" number to a value? Or any other alternative?
 07/04/2013 05:41 AM

Author Icon
CaydenYoung
n00b (>6 posts)

Answer Answer
Scratch that. It must have been a glitch. I saved and closed and upon re-entering the script manager the expression seems to register. Thank you again! It means a lot!
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1293 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1293 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog