Increase font size
Topic Title: Newbie file automation
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/23/2013 06:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/23/2013 06:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ChrisPohts
Student (5-19 posts)

I'm new to automate, please forgive my lack of experience.  I have a business app that dumps a several report files to a specific folder.  I want to watch the folder for the appearance of these files which appear as clientnumber_datestamp.  I want to copy the file to an archive folder (for history), then rename it to just clientnumber (removing the _datestamp at the end).   Then encrypt it and ftp it to a vendor.  I have the encryption and ftp transmission working with test files using a specifig name.

What I don't know how to do is watch the folder for any file that appears, then use a variable so all the tasks run against that specific file.  It's very possible for multiple files to appear in this watched folder simultaneously.  I can basically setup the whole process using subfolders for each client and each client's specific file name, but this would require multiple jobs in Automate and I'm sure it can be done in a single job with some type of variable logic - any help is greatly appreciated!

08/23/2013 04:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Osmar Rosales
AUTOMATE EMPLOYEE

Hi Chris. Thank you for your post. We see that you also open a ticket regarding this issue. We will continue working with you through the ticket, and update this forum post once we have a solution to this the issue. Thank you.

-------------------------
Osmar Rosales
Technical Support Representative
(213) 738-6966
Network Automation, Inc.

AM5 5.5.5.1; AM6 6.2.8.0; AM7 7.1.3.0; AM8 8.0.9.0; AM9 9.0.4.5
BPA7 7.1.3.0; BPA8 8.0.9.0; BPA9 9.0.4.5
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1054 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1054 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog