Increase font size
Topic Title: SSIS over AutoMate/BPA?
Topic Summary: Why choose AutoMate over SSIS
Created On: 09/05/2013 07:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/05/2013 07:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MichelleCao
n00b (>6 posts)

We currently use AutoMate (BPA Server 8 and 9) at my company as well as SSIS. Lately there has been a push towards using SSIS over AutoMate, and even some people trying to convert their AutoMate workflows to SSIS to eliminate their need for AutoMate. I don't have enough experience with SSIS to know the pros/cons of switching over. What kind of things can AutoMate do that SSIS can't? How can I convince people that AutoMate is worth it?
Note: The majority of our workflows are for FTP/SFTP with or without encryption, file manipulation and movement of files. There are some that run a script within the task. We do have some more complicated ones as well.
Thank you!
 09/05/2013 12:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
N i c k
Expert (100-199)

Hi Michelle,

My Personal opinion

Automate is a complete automation tool not just a FTP or File Copy tool. With 100's of drag and drop actions built out of the box. You can automate FTP/SFTP, Web Services, File Sync's, Mass Email's, Sharepoint tasks, AD tasks, connect to any ODBC... (SQL Server, Oracle) this list goes on. I've been using automate since 2005 and there really is nothing else out there for the price point and ease of use. The software is very easy to use and you can automate just about anything. As a matter of fact everything I been tasked at automating using automate I have been able to use accomplish. The software is very reliable and you can count on it always running your automated tasks per schedule and/or triggered events. I've used automate to integrate with 3rd party enterprise systems such as Oracle/PeopleSoft and the product works perfect.
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 848 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 848 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog