Increase font size
Topic Title: Online teacher looking to automate lectures
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/23/2014 06:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/23/2014 06:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JohnOviatt
n00b (>6 posts)

I'm an online teacher that teaches 8-9 classes at the same time.  I've found that if I could somehow automate copying my lectures that have been typed in Evernote and paste them into my classroom each day, it would take a lot of repetitive tasks off my plate and allow me to focus more on the needs of the student.

I have all of my lectures (some with pictures, some with picture and file attachments) created in Evernote.  I also have a Google calender of when these lectures should be posted to the classroom discussion forum.  The Google calendar has an event each day that matches the subject of a note in Evernote.

I thought if a script could check my calendar each day, match the event in the calendar to the subject of notes in evernote, then take that note and paste it complete with images and attachments to my classroom... I'd be in heaven.

I used to program using basic and Pascal way back in my college days so I have a basic understanding of scripts and what they can do... It would just take a lot of effort for me to get back into programming, and I just don't have the time right now (8-9 classes take up more than 40hrs a week).

Anyone have any ideas on how I can automate part or all of this process?  How difficult would this be with your software?   Is there a different solution that would be better?

Sincerely... The Scruffy Professor

09/25/2014 08:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

John,

Everything that you describe in your scenario can be accomplished with AutoMate or AutoMate BPA Server. Without the ability to review the entire process on your machine, at the minimum you can use the interactivity actions to navigate and manipulate the files and applications that you need, similar to how you would do it manually. This is something that can be demonstrated in at least a generic form to show you how easy it can be accomplished with our software. I recommend contacting sales@networkautomation.com and inquire about a demonstration of our software.

-------------------------

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
Statistics
18257 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 6686 on 11/01/2020 at 01:24 AM.
There are currently 1018 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1018 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog