Increase font size
Topic Title: Recognize images on the screen
Topic Summary: my question before decide to buy the software
Created On: 05/14/2015 08:28 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/14/2015 08:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MarcoFinnici
n00b (>6 posts)

Hi all,

I was searching about automation tools when I find this very interesting software. I haven't tried it yet. Before do it and, maybe, spend much time for understand how to use it from the bases to some advanced function (that I think is what I need), I would ask this information:

reading the bullettins of different versions, I've seen that in Automate 10 has been added some kind of "images support" that I am not able to figure how what exactly is.

I would need this kind of feature:

- with the mouse, I need to select a part of an area on the screen or on a window, both with a rectangular selection and with a "free hand" one, depending on the situation (a bit like selection tool in photoshop, without need something of higly specific, like a magnetic lazo)

- when I've selected and closed this area, I need tell to the script that if it finds (when it is running) in this area the same image, then do something I've planned.

also, I would need to do something I've planned if the image in the selection area matches the original in a certain percentage (in other words, if it is similar)

This request is very important for me, since I need these features for work with flash applications (they don't have windows objects interactions), images and videos.

If the software doesn't have this feauture, I need to know if you will add it in the versions available at today as an update, or if I should wait for a new one (and, of course, if you intend to put in these features in next versions)

Thanks for the attention

05/15/2015 10:14 AM

Author Icon
Valentineo McGowan
HelpSystems

Hello Marco,

I would suggest downloading the latest version of AutoMate v10.2.0.6 and try it for FREE for 30days

Here is the latest changelog of fixes:
http://www.networkautomation.c...utoMate-10/10.2.0/12/
This can be accessed from our Download page:
https://www.networkautomation.com/downloads/download-file/product/am10pre/from/redownload/

Here is information from our help file on our Image action:
http://www.networkautomation.c...ities/Image/Image.htm

Within the Image action there is a 'Capture Screen' activity wherein a 'Specified region - Screen capture will be performed on the specified region designated by screen coordinates along with width and height measured in pixels.'

-------------------------

Valentineo McGowan | Technical Consultant
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1 213.738.6966 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 05/15/2015 04:20 PM

Author Icon
MarcoFinnici
n00b (>6 posts)

Originally posted by: Valentineo McGowan Hello Marco, I would suggest downloading the latest version of AutoMate v10.2.0.6 and try it for FREE for 30days Here is the latest changelog of fixes: http://www.networkautomation.c...utoMate-10/10.2.0/12/ This can be accessed from our Download page: https://www.networkautomation.com/downloads/download-file/product/am10pre/from/redownload/ Here is information from our help file on our Image action: Image http://www.networkautomation.c...ities/Image/Image.htm Within the Image action there is a 'Capture Screen' activity wherein a 'Specified region - Screen capture will be performed on the specified region designated by screen coordinates along with width and height measured in pixels.'

Thanks for your reply

If I've understood correctly, this feature is partially incomplete for my purposes: is true that I need to select an area of the screen and capture it as an image, but after that I would also need to tell to my script something like:

here you are the image => if you find the same one in the same area (coordinates of the screen or of a flash application window, for example) where I've captured it now, then do these steps:

or maybe

here you are the image => if you find in the same area (coordinates of the screen or of a flash application window, for example), where I've captured it now, another image that matches this I've given to you for almost 90% (for example), then do these steps:

for "these steps ...." I mean, for example:

- move mouse at the center/top left/top right/down left/down right of the image and click/double click/hold click and move mouse to another position.

- open a new notepad file and write a serie of parametric notes useful for my analysis, then save

I'm sorry if my english isn't good, I have sme difficulties in explain my needs.

Thanks

05/29/2015 09:45 AM

Author Icon
Valentineo McGowan
HelpSystems

Hello Marco,

Unfortunately I do not believe you will be able to achieve that result.

Our apologies.

-------------------------

Valentineo McGowan | Technical Consultant
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1 213.738.6966 | F: +1.213.738.7665
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1283 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1283 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog