Increase font size
Topic Title: Healthcare Management Today with Automate
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/17/2017 05:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/17/2017 05:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ThomasOlson
n00b (>6 posts)

In today's healthcare, the environment is extremely demanding and guaranteed to be dynamic in the changes that come every day. The good thing is that technology is still evolving faster than the needs and changes in healthcare. We have great technology such as Internet of things (IoT), If This Then That (IFTTT), and the excellent program Automate that HelpSystems has created for us. Some people also do not realize that every single digital device we have now has an IP address and therefore a way to communicate. Automate can tie all of these things together to enhance healthcare efficiently. 

There have been a countless number of senior teams across the world that have asked questions like: “How can I increase my customer and employee satisfaction? How can I identify and eliminate T.R.I.M.W.O.O.D? How can I better evaluate my operation to formulate a better strategic plan?” All of these components contribute to growing your bottom line. Well automation is here to stay, to grow, and with improved knowledge and awareness it can do nothing but help businesses run better. 

The concept above is why we are creating the global health care automation collaboration. Our goal is to form a user group to share all of these best practices using automation across the world. My 20 years of healthcare leadership and administration (in addition to my 25 years of advanced IT&S technical knowledge) have led me to be passionate in spearheading the collective quest to find the answers to these questions, and forming my consulting firm called Global Healthcare Automation Consulting. In my last year and a half in learning Automate, I have already created over 100 workflows and tasks which operate several hundred times a day for healthcare; With each step moving forward, processes keep getting better just like a software update. 

Without further ado, let's get started. 

We will begin with the four basic pillars that many of you in business are familiar with. I'm going to provide an associated list of key business concepts that can be automated and some examples to think about and begin dialogue. 

Satisfaction/Service 

* Value-added connected processes 

> Example- After a patient is admitted within a pre-designated time, Automate turns on the lights and TV, and begins your standardized welcome scrolling screen to further orient them. Environmental Services has also received a page to deliver a fresh towel, small carnation, and greet the patient. All other non-medically interfaced items can now be triggered. 

* All system status awareness 

> Example- Phones and printers are critical to a call center operation for patient room/meal service. Typically the only way you know they're down is when the end recipient didn't receive their item. Automate can monitor all these devices in real time with distributed alerting and provide an overview of all process. 

Finance 

* FTE savings- eliminate redundancy 

> Functional Example- Automate emulates 3 employees (Collectively) sitting behind a computer and generating reports for thousands of patients. Future goal is to save 30 FTEs nationally. 

* Greater penetration and revenue generation- Automated outreach and response 

> Example- Automate will supplement satisfaction surveys through enhanced marketing and new services awareness. 

* Support services - environmental monitoring all variables 

> Example- Automate can monitor temperature, humidity, light, moisture, and sound, while also providing a wide range of response and communication. 

Growth/Innovation 

* Systems integration 

> Example- A current CEO asked, "I have 20 different systems that a patient has to go through from admission to discharge, and it seems most of them are not connected or talking to each other. I want to be connected to them all and be able to slice and dice every facet of my operation. So how do I do this?" Automate provides that connection bridge and capability by integrating all your systems. 

People/Process 

* Data mining, analysis, and strategy 

> Example- Automate gathers elaborate, extensive data from your systems and can create worksheets that will extrapolate extra data or provide correlations in service levels with satisfaction. 

* Performance monitoring 

> Example- Monitor all employee's actions and their effectiveness digitally. Log their activity in binary format and many other views. Set alerts for certain activities. 

Each of these items are simply concepts right now. We, as a collective group, now need to determine an objective, create and perfect a solution, and develop a strategic plan of action. For anyone interested, let’s begin discussion in as many of these topics as possible. The more attention we get on these topics, the stronger we will be as a collaborative group.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1394 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1394 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog