Increase font size
Topic Title: Global Outage Schedule
Topic Summary: schedule outages in automate
Created On: 10/06/2015 01:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/06/2015 01:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
N i c k
Expert (100-199)

Please consider adding Option in Automate (AMTA) the ability to schedule outages to not trigger (execute) tasks during outage time frame. This would enable Automate Owners to schedule the outage vs. manually disabling and then re-enabling after outage time frame.

e.g. If outage is between 3 AM and 6 AM no tasks would run until after outage time frame.

To take this one step further - would like the ability to categorize tasks so that certain tasks may run during outages. e.g. Task is categorized as Oracle DB Resource, SharePoint Resource. When scheduling Global Outage, AMTA would ask if outage applied to all categories or specific categories (resource). This option would enable non impacted tasks to still run during outage.

Currently when we have a database outage I have to manually disable task triggering in AMTA and no tasks run even though not all tasks are impacted by the outage. Yes I could disable the tasks manually impacted by the outage but that would take much time and effort and causes room for manual error.

If this is to much to ask... a global outage option would be nice with option to override at task level. e.g. task could have flag on/off to trigger (execute) during outage.
 10/12/2015 12:34 PM

Author Icon
Ricardo Castaneda
HelpSystems

Hi Nick,

I have added your suggestion to our DB as a feature request. I would suggest that you use the Global Triggering feature at the bottom of the AMTA (screenshot attached) for the time being.

Thank you for your input.

Click for full image
Click for larger image

-------------------------

Ricardo Castaneda | Principal Support Analyst
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700
 10/13/2015 02:35 PM

Author Icon
N i c k
Expert (100-199)

Hi Ricardo,

The Global Triggering feature at the bottom of the AMTA we do use... however that stops everything from Triggering and that's point of this request. Most of the outages are specific to a resource (database, web service, etc) and specific to a timeframe.

Thanks for adding my request for future consideration.
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 6686 on 11/01/2020 at 01:24 AM.
There are currently 3017 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 3017 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog