Increase font size
Topic Title: How to tell programmatically what tasks are running
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/19/2017 12:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/19/2017 12:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ChrisArgiro
n00b (>6 posts)

Hi was wondering if anyone can point the way.  I have a task that checks for unprocessed files (.....SameDay.dat).  What i was looking for is there a way from with in this task to check and see if the task (SameDay Orders) that would process that file is currently running.  If not launch the needed task (SameDay Orders).

Thanks Chris Argiro

chris.argiro@pa.gnc-logistics.com

Category Survey
AutoMate 9 version: 9.0.5
Windows version: Windows Server 2008 R2
 01/20/2017 04:21 PM

Author Icon
Alex Escalante
HelpSystems

Hello Chris,

If the files have the same name, you can gather the file information via a dataset, including the names, then use an "if" statement to determine if they match.

Another idea may be to create a temp file when a file is created, then have the task check for this file to see if they are there. If so, stop task, if not, write temp file and continue processing.

Category Survey

-------------------------

Alex Escalante | Support Analyst
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 01/23/2017 10:16 AM

Author Icon
ChrisArgiro
n00b (>6 posts)

Alex Thanks

But is there a way with any of the automate functions to actually pull the list of task that are currently running.  Several reasons for this would be we could tell if the task needs run or if the task is hung up. This happens often in automate 9.  Take my Same Day Order task.  It triggers when the file drops to the system.  But it occasionally it does not trigger.  We have another task monitoring the folder and check to see if any file have been there longer than 15 minutes. If so it sends an alert.  Now if it was possible to query automate to see if the Same Day task is running the monitoring

Could ignore this file since the job is running.  If not we could kick the task off. Or if it appears to be hung up due to long run time we could then send the alert.

Thanks

Category Survey
 01/24/2017 12:10 PM

Author Icon
Justin Aucoin
HelpSystems

Hi Chris,

You can right click on the AutoMate tray Icon and select show all running tasks. This will display a list of the tasks still running. Additionally, you could add a step at the beginning of a task to create a date stamped marker file for the task, and add a delete the marker file at the end of task. You could then create a task that monitors the marker files.

Category Survey
AutoMate 9 version:
Windows version:

Justin Aucoin | Support Analyst
 05/03/2017 10:37 AM

Author Icon
ChrisArgiro
n00b (>6 posts)

Sorry just getting back to this question.  when automate kicks off a task you can see it running in the Execution Status tab.  So if i have 2 tasks running say HI and BYE then from my 3rd task i want to be able to pull the same info the Execution Status tab would show so i can see that HI and BYE are currently running.  Does anybody know of an automate function or expresssion that will from return this info?  Why am i looking for this.  Well automate does not always trigger when the file drops (network issue, Automate taking a break, IDK) but i have another job that will sit an monitor the FTP folder for these files and after 30 minutes if they are still in the folder it sends an alert.  now if i can tell if the job is not running then i can kick it off but if the job is running then i dont want to kick it off again. Yes you can set the flag in the propities to only run one instance of the job but we find this does not always work.

Category Survey
 05/03/2017 01:52 PM

Author Icon
Justin Aucoin
HelpSystems

Hi Chris,

Any running processes on the local machine should be appearing in the Execution bar. You can also check to see a if there is a running AMTask.exe files. Each task will have it's own AMTask.exe process running.

Category Survey
AutoMate 9 version:
Windows version:

Justin Aucoin | Support Analyst
 03/01/2018 04:56 AM

Author Icon
AbhinavJoshi
n00b (>6 posts)

Can anyone tell me how to check the system Idle time/CPU usage percentage?
I have to create a workflow which alerts the my team when the CPU usage of the automate FTP server is on the higher side.

Category Survey
 03/05/2018 03:04 PM

Author Icon
Devin Cannon
HelpSystems

Hi,

Please create a new thread for a new topic.

As a quick reply, there is a "Performance Condition" trigger you can use for this. I would have it look at the "%idle time" and set a percent and for how long. Once this condition is met, the trigger will fire. The trigger will "reset" once the condition is no longer met and then will fire again once the condition is met again.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Category Survey

Click for full image
Click for larger image

Devin Cannon | Support Analyst
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 540 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 540 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog