Increase font size
Topic Title: Save As Folder Changer
Topic Summary: Changes Save path to last folder visited
Created On: 01/14/2006 06:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/14/2006 06:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MichaelAndrews

The trigger for this task is a windows trigger. Save As, Save Web page, Save Picture.
I usually have a folder open on my desktop that I am going to save files into. It works even if its minimized. I got tired of changing the path over and over for each file type I ran into. This task will loop through and find the Folder you Focused on Last Not last one opened. I  have it check to see if its a different folder if so The Task changes the path first , then places the file name back. This give me the opportunity to change the folder but from this point rather then the default .. My Documents or My Pictures.   I would like to find the best way to check when It last ran. If It ran in the last 20 sec I usually do not to have the task go through the entire loop. I got it to work by creating a txt file and checking the system time and compared it to the last modified date. I am sure there has to be a better way.  Please let me know if you find it useful. Its been a ongoing work in progress. Also feel free to improve sections and share them with me.      
   I hope my share creates interest. I would like to create a forum to share tasks and collect blocks of script doing just a single task. I’m hopefully everyone needing to figure out will get help from it and Also instead of wasting time reinvent the wheel for basic items, these blocks could used and assembled in your specific task. I am sure they will also be refined over time for the best performance. If anyone is interested in helping me build this forum site let me know. I have plenty of bandwidth and space set aside for it.

Michael
Nerds Are Us 
mike@nrus.net

Edited: 01/14/2006 at 06:27 PM by MichaelAndrews
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 2041 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 2041 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog