post all new threads in our new
HelpSystems Community Portal.
Post to the HelpSystems Forum
You are not currently logged on. You must be logged on in order to post. Log on
Or Create a new account
AutoMate Discussion
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What do you do when you are not automating the world?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/02/2008 02:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/02/2008 02:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DannyHeisner
Expert (100-199)

Somebody needs to get this started.  So what do you guys do for fun?

I hunt, fish, ride horses, and play with my kids.  I have 4.

How about you?

10/08/2008 01:01 PM

Author Icon
Bart van Lagen
Supreme Guru (1000+)

I have two kids, the oldest is 3 years old (adopted from China) and the youngest one (our own flesh and blood) is 1 year old and she did her first steps today! That's more to me than automating the world!

My hobby is writing short stories (in dutch) and some poetry. But right at the moment I'm too busy with my little girls. And keeping BPA running :=) !

-------------------------
Bart van Lagen
ICT Department.
St Jansdal Hospital
Harderwijk, Netherlands
Automate 7.1.1.0 / BPA 7.1.1.0
Windows 2003SP2SRV
 10/08/2008 09:48 PM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Hi Bart,
happy to know about your younger girl. I was aware of the older one, as you explained to me about your avatar, but did not know about the second one. I really tell you my sympathy. I know two young kids are quite suitable to keep you happy and busy.
I have got five, all grown up now, ranging from 22 to 45.
I'm not really automating anything. Really retired as of last March (I'm 67) I am full busy these times reshuffling the house, moving inner walls, decorating, painting.

Jean Delfosse - Automate Beta Tester
Win7 Pro 64 bits -Win XP Pro SP3 32 bits - AM8, AM7, BPA10, BPA9, BPA8, BPA7, AM6 Enterprise, AM4
 10/09/2008 10:45 AM

Author Icon
Bart van Lagen
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Ok Jean, When we came home with our oldest daughter from China (we spent 14 days in that amazing and wonderful country), three monthes later we found out my wife was pregnant, so we got two daughters in one year. That was a really busy time and we still are busy, but we are glad and proud having two wonderful daughters. Talking about: automating the world; they mean the world to us. So, you did retire? Nice you're still around here helping us out. I'm glad we had our house done before our daughters came. No time for things like that right now. But I hope you have pleasure spending your days the way you do!

Bart van Lagen
ICT Department.
St Jansdal Hospital
Harderwijk, Netherlands
Automate 7.1.1.0 / BPA 7.1.1.0
Windows 2003SP2SRV
 10/09/2008 12:13 PM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Bart,
I was born in a small village at the frontier with Belgium. And I now still live in a village near Orleans, with a garden, and plenty of work in the garden and in the house. I love the countryside, and enjoy doing what it means.
One thing with aging : things I could do in one week-end a few years ago now take me a full week, and that keeps me busy. Automating is not helping.

Win7 Pro 64 bits -Win XP Pro SP3 32 bits - AM8, AM7, BPA10, BPA9, BPA8, BPA7, AM6 Enterprise, AM4
 10/14/2008 04:08 PM

Author Icon
DanielGrip
Master (500-999)

Hi guys,

I was just poking around the forum threads for "inspiration" since I can't sleep anyway.

What I do when I'm not Automating stuff? is there such a time?
No seriously, I've been working crazy hours this year trying to manage this application, and the workload is still increasing.

So my spare time lately has been restricted to the occasional visit to the cinema, or for a game of badminton with my friends.

I wish I could retire like you have Jean, I'm already tired of working and I'm only 31 years old

Daniel Grip

Edited: 10/14/2008 at 04:13 PM by DanielGrip
 10/14/2008 11:39 PM

Author Icon
JeanDelfosse
Supreme Guru (1000+)

Hi Daniel !
There are hard times at work, and I had a lot in my career.
But it is quite important to have major areas of interest OUTSIDE work, whatever they are.
Then managing the conflicts between a demanding work and personal life becomes quite a challenging problem.
Of course I don't have any advice on what those "areas of interest" should be for somebody else, except "Don't get eaten by your work". Otherwise you'll just collapse when you retire.

11/28/2008 11:16 AM

Author Icon
David G
Apprentice (20-49)

Hey guys. Was browsing the forums and found this thread, so I though I'd chime in.

I'm currently in school for my bachelor's degree in computer science over here in Texas, and taking a full load really keeps me busy.  Thankfully, I have received opportunities to intern at local businesses.  So between school and work, I don't find too much time to do much else.

However, when I get the chance, I like to play/write some music or play some video games or go hang out with my friends.

David Gaither
St. Mary's University - Computer Science
Capital Group Co. - Intern
San Antonio, TX, USA
 11/29/2008 08:54 AM

Author Icon
Dustin Snell
AUTOMATE EMPLOYEE

I have 2 children, 2 years old and 4 months old. We spend time going interesting places on the weekends. I enjoy cooking (especially on my Traeger wood pellet smoker), astronomy, movies (especially science fiction), photography, and when I have the time I have been known to indulge myself in the popular online game World of Warcraft.

:-)

Dustin Snell
 12/05/2008 01:43 PM

Author Icon
Jaz
Apprentice (20-49)

Good to know there is life outside Automate 

Jean -- I browse this site a lot and used and copied many of your codes and advices. Thanks.

Avatar is my dog Toby -- English Labrador Retriever -- allergic to many things edible.

My name is Jaz and I'm a "Call of Duty 4" addict (there I said it).

Side note: I introduced Automate to our company after testing at least 20 different automation applications. I got denied the first time I asked my boss to purchase it. Then I cornered the company COO and he listened and understood.

<html />
 11/18/2010 01:16 PM

Author Icon
NamNgo
Expert (100-199)

In my off-time, I like to play games (as you might have seen from my previous posts in this forum). I'm a pretty nerdy/geeky guy. I'm recently graduated ('08!) and I'm still living in a college household that I rent with 3 other guys. I've got a girlfriend (17 months!).

Anywho, I like to blog and vlog as well (video editing skills are a must!).

My first channel is a Movie and (8-bit) Game review channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lukerson59
I'm hoping to expand to other games soon, but these way more time consuming than short little videos.

My new channel is more about me and my personal life.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AznNamTV

Hopefully this gives you a better idea of who I am, now that I've been lingering in these forums for a while now.

04/11/2011 03:45 PM

Author Icon
SteveJi
Expert (100-199)

I live in Polynesia so i do some Surf Kite Surf walking in mountain, beach volley and i create a lot of website.

Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1160 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1160 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog