post all new threads in our new
HelpSystems Community Portal.
Post to the HelpSystems Forum
You are not currently logged on. You must be logged on in order to post. Log on
Or Create a new account
AutoMate Discussion
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Scribblenauts (for Nintendo DS)
Topic Summary: Original VS Super?
Created On: 10/13/2010 10:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/13/2010 10:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
NamNgo
Expert (100-199)

I recently purchased Super Scribblenauts as part of a sale at Toys R Us (buy 2 get 1 free).

I had purchased Scribblenauts last year because of the interesting "sandbox" type gameplay promised, only to find that the controls were utterly lacking for the later levels of gameplay. For those of you who don't know, this is a game where you write/type in nouns and this enormous dictionary generates an object for it.

So I purchased this one, after seeing demos and hearing about improvements (at PAX this year), I decided I would get it. I hoped it would not be a disappointment.

Not only did I play through 2 worlds in a matter of a hour's worth of time, all the control issues have gone away! They also upped the sandbox so that you're able to create specifically described objects (with adjectives). If you create a "giant yellow dog" in the first one, you'd only get the dog. But now, you actually get the giant and yellow version! So I whole-heartedly agree with this review I found: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2010/10/super-scribblenauts-fixes-problems-of-original.arshttp://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2010/10/super-scribblenauts-fixes-problems-of-original.ars

So, what are your experiences with Scribblenauts? Any crazy/clever solutions? Sandbox experiments?

Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 1498 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1498 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog