Increase font size
Topic Title: Error 33338 from FTP download
Topic Summary: ugly security error from forgetting target filename wildcard
Created On: 06/12/2018 06:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
Answer This question was answered by JohnScott, on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:06 PM

Answer:
Drat! I posted this in AutoMate 10 when I intended to post it in AutoMate BPA Server 10. It probably applies to both.
 06/12/2018 06:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JohnScott
Artisan (200-499)

From time to time when I set up new workflows for FTP/SFTP downloads, I get error number 33338 "FTP failed" with nasty extended error descriptions similar to the sample below. After pounding my head against it for a while, I eventually come back to the Local File(s) field of the FTP Download file(s) action. After more head-pounding, I notice that the example given in the dialog ends in a \*.* wildcard, while I've filled the field with just a path, such as "\\servername\sharename\foldername".

Eventually I wise up, and change my Local File(s) value to end in either a wildcard (e.g. "\\servername\sharename\foldername\*.*") like the example or a literal filename (e.g. "\\servername\sharename\foldername\myfile.txt"). Just like that, the ugly errors disappear. Doh! Of course AutoMate won't replace my target folder with a file by the same name in the parent folder of the target folder!

When I did this today, part of the head-pounding was searching the forum, where I didn't find any threads with the prominent substrings of the nasty message. I'm leaving this note here to remind myself next time I forget this. If it helps any of the rest of you, that's a bonus.

Example nasty error:
6/12/2018 5:21:20 PM, Error on attempt to download examplefile.txt from SFTP server: 33338- FTP failed (Error : File system operation failed with error. Requested path is \\AutApp1101\BPAshare\jstest\VendorTest
Original error message: Attempt by security transparent method 'SBDiskFSAdapter.TElDiskFileSystemAdapter.DoOpenFile(System.String, UInt32, SBCustomFSAdapter.TSBFileShareMode, System.Object ByRef)' to call native code through method 'SBDiskFSAdapter.__Global.CreateFile(System.String, UInt32, UInt32, IntPtr, UInt32, UInt32, IntPtr)' failed. Methods must be security critical or security safe-critical to call native code., Path: \\AutApp1101\BPAshare\jstest\VendorTest (error code is 103429))

Category Survey
 06/12/2018 06:06 PM

Author Icon
JohnScott
Artisan (200-499)

Answer Answer
Drat! I posted this in AutoMate 10 when I intended to post it in AutoMate BPA Server 10. It probably applies to both.

Category Survey
 06/15/2018 09:48 AM

Author Icon
Ricardo Castaneda
HelpSystems

Hello John,

We would definitely recommend that you add a *.* or *.txt (if you're working with text files) to the end of your path.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Category Survey

-------------------------

Ricardo Castaneda | Principal Support Analyst
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 400 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 400 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog