Increase font size
Topic Title: Email Forwarding
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/19/2018 05:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/19/2018 05:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mcurran
Journeyman (50-99)

I recently had a request to query an Outlook mailbox and "reply all" to every individual email found while adding a message to the email body.

I said sure, I can do that since I already use Automate to query mailboxes and strip off attachments to send to other business functions. But oh no, I spoke too soon.
I see Automate can create, send, get and delete one or more emails. But there is no option to forward or reply. Is this some type of Microsoft licensing issue? Am I missing something?

I realize I could go the long route and read each email parsing out the necessary fields and build new emails to send to the intended recipients, but it was quicker for the business user to manually click, paste and send since there were only 130 emails to process, this time.

We recently purchased the latest BPA server. I have not had a chance to use it. Does BPA have the ability to reply/forward email?

We absolutely love the Automate software. We started with Automate version 2 like 16 years ago and continually upgraded to version 10. We plan on using BPA to integrate many of our new and old business systems, kind of like an "EDI lite". We just created a new team to utilize BPA to it's fullest. We are a multi billion sales company looking to expand further into the organic food market.
But Automate seems to occasionally fall short on what we refer to as basic IT functionality and cutting edge functionality and we need to create workarounds to get things working properly.

Does Automate consider adding functionality to new versions based upon user requests? If so, is there a process to submit and follow the individual requests?

Thanks.
Mike

Category Survey
AutoMate 10 version: 10.4.1
Windows version: Windows Server 2012 R2
 07/25/2018 09:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Alex Escalante
HelpSystems

Hello,

We certainly take customer's suggestions and send them to our development team for consideration. If they are accepted, the development team issues a feature request number. You can then use this number to check the change logs when a new version of the software is released to see if that particular number is listed in the release.

With that being said, we will submit a feature request for forwarding email, as it is not currently available. We will update this thread with the feature request number if/when it is accepted or explain why it was not accepted.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Category Survey

-------------------------

Alex Escalante | Support Analyst
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 395 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 395 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog