Increase font size
Topic Title: Screen Resolution problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/26/2018 02:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/26/2018 02:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DaniJin
n00b (>6 posts)

Anyone else is having a resolution problem with automate?

We have 31 identical pcs, all running the same automate script. But after a while (3 or 4 months) 8 of the 31 pcs fails to run (goes into a dead loop). When we remote into those 8 pcs, we find that the resolution is no longer at 1024 x 768, for some reason, its 640x 480.

Even setting the resolution in the automate script with the correct graphics card name and resolution, 23 of the 31 will have no issues. The rest of the 8 will have an error saying it couldn't find the specified graphics card. BUT IT IS THE SAME!! ALL IDENTICAL PCS. We checked, re-installed graphic drivers, when into the registry to fix it at 1024x768... no luck.. those 8 pcs won't run unless we manually remote it at 1024x768, then it runs, but we must keep the remote session live.

Anyone has any clue or pointer on what we can do?

Already tried reinstalling graphic drivers, fixed all possible registry.. only didn't try reinstalling windows.. hahaaha..

Thanks for reading.. hope I get an reply.

Category Survey
AutoMate BPA Server 10 version: 10.4.1
Windows version: Windows 7
 03/05/2018 04:50 AM

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

Hi Dani,

I'm assuming you are referring to the Display activity. Are you or anyone else remoting into the machines? The display driver will update to the RDP display driver as the primary display from that user that logs in. If they do not log off properly then Automate will continute to try to change the screen resolution within an invalid session. If these workstations are intended primarily for automation then I suggest preventing users from remoting into the machines.

Category Survey

-------------------------

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 03/06/2018 05:48 AM

Author Icon
DaniJin
n00b (>6 posts)

No actually its the opposite of what you are saying. I must login and kept logged in remotely inorder for those 8 pcs to work. The other 20 odd pcs works fine logging in and out.
What you are suggesting doesn't make sense since these machines are identical.

Category Survey
AutoMate BPA Server 10 version: 10.4.1
Windows version: Windows 7
 03/06/2018 06:20 AM

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

Dani,

If you have to remotely log onto the machine and remain logged on so that tasks function, then the logon properties are not configured properly. Your initial post was referring to screen resolutions which does not fall in line with your current post. Is the problem screen resolution or logon/unlock?

Category Survey

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
 04/30/2018 01:39 PM

Author Icon
JohnMcatee
n00b (>6 posts)

I am having the same issue in our User Acceptance Testing Environment. Last week we had tasks starting to fail. After some research, I verified that the coordinates coded in one of the tasks did not match the location on the screen where the field was located. I just happened to check the screen resolution and it was 680 X 672. I thought this was odd, but as a test, I changed the code to match it, and it was able to find the field with no issues. I logged out, logged back in so that this task would start up automatically as it is coded to do, but it failed. After some trial and error, decided to check the screen resolution and it had changed to 1368 X 768. So I changed the code back to what it was originally, and the task was able to run successfully. I reset everything as it was, restarted the server, but the task that starts up automatically after a server restart still gets hung up in the same step. Apparently, the resolution changed for the Service Account that logs in on the restart.

Category Survey
AutoMate BPA Server 10 version: 10.0.0
Windows version: Windows Server 2012
 05/03/2018 06:46 AM

Author Icon
Alex Escalante
HelpSystems

Hello John,

If the screen is changing per a security/local/domain policy, then it may be best to adjust the resolution before moving onto the actual step. This can be accomplished by adding a "display" action at the very top of your task. This way the resolution will adjust as the task needs. Here is more info on the action:

http://www.networkautomation.c...Computer_-_Display.htm

Category Survey
AutoMate BPA Server 10 version:
Windows version:

Alex Escalante | Support Analyst
AutoMate | Division of HelpSystems
HelpSystems, LLC | T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 500 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 500 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog