post all new threads in our new
HelpSystems Community Portal.
Post to the HelpSystems Forum
You are not currently logged on. You must be logged on in order to post. Log on
Or Create a new account
AutoMate Discussion
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Anyone else is having "send keystroke" issue?
Topic Summary: resulting key is not the one I command it to be {ESC} -> spacebar or weird char
Created On: 04/09/2018 06:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/09/2018 06:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DaniJin
n00b (>6 posts)

Anyone else is having simply key stroke command issue?

I just coded something really simple to test the key stroke, and it doesn't work. Well not always. And thats the funny part...NOT ALWAYS... why???

First time after reboot of automate, it will run. Example closing an application,Hold down alt then {F4}{ENTER} release alt. Very simple test but it proves there is something wrong with Automate.
Why would it run the first time, and second time the {ENTER} key is not detected or could turn into spacebar/null input...??
I close automate and restart it again and it works again. But if I use a real keyboard and do it myself of course it works. I load it up in my agent pcs, same issue.
I tried many combination and method, quick ALT / AltGr.. or even a total different method for closing such as {ALT}fxo.. (f -file, x - exit, o - ok) for many applications, but by the time it gets to "x", its not x!! its funny char/space/tab
WHY???

SO MUCH BUGS IN AUTOMATE!!!

My company will decide whether to move over to Blue Prism soon thou they maybe expensive, but they are STABLE!!!!

PS: my previous post on resolution problem is still not fixed.. same specs pcs and running the same script has different res results.

Category Survey
AutoMate BPA Server 10 version: 10.4.1
Windows version: Windows 7
 04/09/2018 11:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Leonard Amabile
HelpSystems

Dani,

Why are you adding an {ENTER} after an ALT{F4} when ALT{F4} will already close the window? I'm not sure what issue you are running into but it may be specific to the application that you are trying to close.

1. You are not running the latest version of v10. Please update to the latest version before stating that there are a lot of bugs.
2. Provide a reproducible case that causes what you describe. This does not occur in IE, Notepad, Excel, etc.
3. Rather than using interactivity, the best practice approach would be to end the process of the application. This is cleaner and quicker.

Interactivity is not the first option that is recommended to users and should only be used if application integration actions/activities cannot accomplish your scenario. We can assist you with getting this to function properly, but keep in mind that ALL interactive automation from any application is sensitive to screen resolutions, computer performance, mouse or keyboard movements outside of the automation, remote sessions, differing versions of Windows, differing versions of the application being automated, etc.

Category Survey

-------------------------

Leonard Amabile | Director, Cross Platform Support
AutoMate | InterMapper | Skybot | Divisions of HelpSystems
T: +1.213.738.1700 | F: +1.213.738.7665
Statistics
18258 users are registered to the AutoMate Discussion forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 5551 on 01/08/2018 at 11:11 AM.
There are currently 446 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 446 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Sitemap Network Automation Software Blog